Tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 Well said. Anytime you take a living creature out of its habitat and place it in a artificial world, you have become God to that creature. It is totally your responsibility if it lives or dies. I take that seriously.

Just watched the new one where the spoiled teenagers insist on a shark/crocodile tank. Followed by a RV tank. I cannot believe their inability to say no.

Just saw that one too. The tanks they're making are getting worse. That gator/ shark tank was horrible. Split in half and ugly....

How can it even work? Gators at 85F and sharks at 75F. All because a couple of teenagers want a "mean tank." Another algae magnet.

So tanked came and did a 2200 gallon tank for a new restaurant around the corner from my house

The restaurant is called cowfish and the episode will be airing on Friday. We happened to be there when the company that will be maintaining the tank was replacing all the fish that had been lost in the uncycled tank. ATM should really just stick to building the tanks and letting pros stock it.

Just watched the episode last night!

They said that the cow fish will release poison into the tanks. And ya the can't cycle an aquarium when it has to be put up and installed across the country. I'm sure the builds that aren't televised they have local aquarium companies do it but for the sake of TV they set it up so they can see the finished product .

Just watched the episode last night!

They said that the cow fish will release poison into the tanks. And ya the can't cycle an aquarium when it has to be put up and installed across the country. I'm sure the builds that aren't televised they have local aquarium companies do it but for the sake of TV they set it up so they can see the finished product .

I agree, they want to unveil a finished product. But if they were responsible, those fish would come back out after the director yelled "cut" and placed into holding tanks until the display tank stabilized.

exactly. for all you know the filtration systems might be matured in the warehouse and keep the bacteria alive during transport. Fish tank kings is the same as tanked. i always wonderd why they never got cycled and assumed it was done behind the scenes. im sure they know a quick way to keep maturing filters

exactly. for all you know the filtration systems might be matured in the warehouse and keep the bacteria alive during transport. Fish tank kings is the same as tanked. i always wonderd why they never got cycled and assumed it was done behind the scenes. im sure they know a quick way to keep maturing filters

Ya I had that thought also

I'm not sure we can say universal.. I don't remember the exact episode but they were trying to stock a tank with large sharks. They went to a past customers house and took a shark that was getting too big for the tank they made him. They swapped him with a new smaller shark. To me that shows they care, somewhat. Maybe the personal tanks get a little extra care than the corporate (disposable mindset) customers?

Then why the almost universal reports of massive die offs once the camera crew is gone?

+1 Greg

I really don't care about the prep work they do. What i care about is if their tanks maintain a good environment for the livestock? Unfortunately the clear answer here is no. It's situations and people like this that put our hobby at risk....

I'm not sure we can say universal.. I don't remember the exact episode but they were trying to stock a tank with large sharks. They went to a past customers house and took a shark that was getting too big for the tank they made him. They swapped him with a new smaller shark. To me that shows they care, somewhat. Maybe the personal tanks get a little extra care than the corporate (disposable mindset) customers?

I think that was Fish Tank Kings.
If there are reports of successful ATM installs (other than the church system which has a professional staff) lets hear them.

If there are reports of successful ATM installs (other than the church system which has a professional staff) lets hear them.

It was an ATM tank, I just can't remember who got the re-homed sharks...maybe it was the Orthodontist build?

Mr Saltwater Tank had a recent interview with the guys from FTK and they kinda allude to the fact that they have to chop a lot of footage to get the storyline into one show. I'm sure ATM does as well, but at least FTK seems to not have the terrible compatibility issues and they talk about doing things correctly. They also kinda take a passive aggressive shot at ATM by saying some of their builds take months and they are not out to do quick builds/installs. Of course they do not mention ATM, but you know who they are talking about.

I've never seen fish tank kings so I'm fairly certain it was an early episode of atm. I believe it was in a doctor or dentists office. It was a huge 14' oval shark tank that essentially made a wall.

I've never seen fish tank kings so I'm fairly certain it was an early episode of atm. I believe it was in a doctor or dentists office. It was a huge 14' oval shark tank that essentially made a wall.
Your absolutely correct meegosh. It was late season 1 or early season 2. I can't remember exactly but I think it's early season 2. I recently saw that episode(we are currently on season 2), we are a few seasons behind over here!!. The sharks were swapped from a private customer to a dentists office.....

Did anyone actually think to contact ATM to get their side of the story? I've emailed them a couple of times and had very prompt responses to both of my questions. It's pretty easy to sit back and critique someone while playing the proverbial armchair quarterback, it's something entirely different when your actually playing the game!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom