Tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk. I watched the interview link posted and i dont really know if i buy into him. Sure its great that the show is bringing people into the hobby, but its also setting them off on the completely wrong foot and giving an entirely false sense of right and wrong. I guess my issue (again) lies with animal planet and not with brett or his brother or even the company.

Ultimately, in my opinion, anyone who wants to be successful and is serious about it becoming a hobby will come to great forums like this and do their own research. Other than that, there is nothing we can really do other than encourage those that we know to educate themselves. We all have to start somewhere, hopefully its on places like these forums.

Well, they kind of showed how they handled that for the skateboard tank... Flash cooled the extra thick acrylic for more scratch resistance and had the skaters use the softer wheels. I still think the tank would end up scratched over time, but probably long after the fish stressed themselves to death :p

Just to give some info, I live in the same city as ATM and not too long ago the skate board shop sold the tank, they said it was only used once and that was for the show. It was not actually used as a ramp, just for show.

The tank was divided but it was still a terrible setup. The drum set tank they made really made me mad.
The tank had one of those electronic drum pads on top so they weren't banging directly on the tanks but still, thte has to be some vibration going through the tank not to mention the overstocking issues. But sadly you can get the same bad advice from lfs and box stores like petsmart. That's why I am thankful for forums like this. I feel like I am getting good info and when I actually do buy my fish I will be ready.

The tank had one of those electronic drum pads on top so they weren't banging directly on the tanks but still, thte has to be some vibration going through the tank not to mention the overstocking issues. But sadly you can get the same bad advice from lfs and box stores like petsmart. That's why I am thankful for forums like this. I feel like I am getting good info and when I actually do buy my fish I will be ready.
this is why itry to stick to this forum and not get caught up in other forms of fish entertainment.

I just re watched that episode and they said goldfish dont need filters because they have adapted to live in small bodies of water.

I have always heard that a fish in too small a tank has its organs outgrow its body therefore causing lots of problems

I have always heard that a fish in too small a tank has its organs outgrow its body therefore causing lots of problems

When a large fish is inside a small tank it stunts their growth and does cause alot of problems (disease, parasites, stress,death)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom