Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmomma8404 View Post
That show was awesome.
One of those you look back on and wonder what the heck you were thinking lol. It is really informational though minus the cheesy sound effects and terrible acting.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Idk. I watched the interview link posted and i dont really know if i buy into him. Sure its great that the show is bringing people into the hobby, but its also setting them off on the completely wrong foot and giving an entirely false sense of right and wrong. I guess my issue (again) lies with animal planet and not with brett or his brother or even the company.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ultimately, in my opinion, anyone who wants to be successful and is serious about it becoming a hobby will come to great forums like this and do their own research. Other than that, there is nothing we can really do other than encourage those that we know to educate themselves. We all have to start somewhere, hopefully its on places like these forums.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luananeko View Post

Well, they kind of showed how they handled that for the skateboard tank... Flash cooled the extra thick acrylic for more scratch resistance and had the skaters use the softer wheels. I still think the tank would end up scratched over time, but probably long after the fish stressed themselves to death :P
Just to give some info, I live in the same city as ATM and not too long ago the skate board shop sold the tank, they said it was only used once and that was for the show. It was not actually used as a ramp, just for show.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
The tank was divided but it was still a terrible setup. The drum set tank they made really made me mad.
The tank had one of those electronic drum pads on top so they weren't banging directly on the tanks but still, thte has to be some vibration going through the tank not to mention the overstocking issues. But sadly you can get the same bad advice from lfs and box stores like petsmart. That's why I am thankful for forums like this. I feel like I am getting good info and when I actually do buy my fish I will be ready.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmilkman View Post
The tank had one of those electronic drum pads on top so they weren't banging directly on the tanks but still, thte has to be some vibration going through the tank not to mention the overstocking issues. But sadly you can get the same bad advice from lfs and box stores like petsmart. That's why I am thankful for forums like this. I feel like I am getting good info and when I actually do buy my fish I will be ready.
this is why itry to stick to this forum and not get caught up in other forms of fish entertainment.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just re watched that episode and they said goldfish dont need filters because they have adapted to live in small bodies of water.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have always heard that a fish in too small a tank has its organs outgrow its body therefore causing lots of problems
Old 11-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmilkman View Post
I have always heard that a fish in too small a tank has its organs outgrow its body therefore causing lots of problems
When a large fish is inside a small tank it stunts their growth and does cause alot of problems (disease, parasites, stress,death)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com