Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
From what I have heard, from people that have actually been out to see some of these builds, is that there is significant die-off after they stock the tanks. There are pictures out there that show this. I can't imagine any expert would say to completely stock your tank all at once.

were there dead fish in the pics?

Old 12-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

There were actually no fish or substantially less than what they showed the tank stocked with when the show aired.

I don't question their ability to build good-quality tanks. I just think that instantly stocking a tank, cycled or not, is a bad idea. Putting fish together that are not compatible is not wise either. If others disagree, I am fine with that.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

They don't really portray the reef tanks as easy as a goldfish tank because all of there corals in the tanks are fake.... It is a good show I love watching it. It does suck if there is mass die off but does anyone actually know if they film all in one day or not the shows could be filmed weeks apart
Old 12-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylb View Post
They don't really portray the reef tanks as easy as a goldfish tank because all of there corals in the tanks are fake.... It is a good show I love watching it. It does suck if there is mass die off but does anyone actually know if they film all in one day or not the shows could be filmed weeks apart
i could not stand those fake corals in my tank. i wonder if they ever do any reef tanks?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

yea they've done one PROPER reef tank from what ive seen... its in one of their later episodes. they built a large corner tank in a couple's house. this time they did it properly it look like.... in a way lol

they put proper live rock/coral/lighting and the fish looked semi-compatible. rom what I saw in the footage it didn't look that overstocked, they showed a CUC and a couple of gobies and I think there were a few tangs.

First time I've watched one of their episodes where they don't cram all the fish in there and looked like a non-fake aquarium.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
I had been gone a while, good to see nothing has changed since I left - still the same type of threads complaining about these guys. If my count is correct, this holds the title of "tanked" thread #27!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah I know. I hate tanked myself but there's nothing we can really do. It does promote the hobby though as hukit said.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

I watched a couple of episodes today after I saw this thread. Seems like any other show of this sort. It would be boring if Pawn Stars spent the hour running the everyday operations of a pawn shop.

In one of the episodes they very quickly mentioned acclimating the fish in trash cans before adding them. I'm sure they do a lot more that doesn't make it past the editor.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29 View Post
I had been gone a while, good to see nothing has changed since I left - still the same type of threads complaining about these guys. If my count is correct, this holds the title of "tanked" thread #27!
No kidding I'm tired of seeing these threads!

3, 20, 25, 33 Gallon FW Tanks.....For Now

Scottyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

No kidding! So sick of these threads about them; but at the same time I agree with people complaining about them...I saw an episode few months ago they did a sick tank for Tracy Morgan's Octopus! They took so much care of that thing it was great! They then turned around and gave his daughter a 5. Yes 5gal fish tank with 12 yes 12 gold fish...I'm not a huge gold fish fan but come on I wouldn't put 12 ants in a 5 gal. Bucket

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com