Tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holygral

Aquarium Advice FINatic
First time I seen the show, this is such a joke, such an embarrassment, so many dead specimen from this show, what a joke, sooo sad, let's kill off our oceans treasures creatures for ratings, this is another reality joke, honey bobo in salt water, this makes me sad

First time I seen the show, this is such a joke, such an embarrassment, so many dead specimen from this show, what a joke, sooo sad, let's kill off our oceans treasures creatures for ratings, this is another reality joke, honey bobo in salt water, this makes me sad

Yep they make beautiful acrylic aquariums and it's like sweet! But then they shove a million fish in and it's like what...killing the oceans one reality show at a time

I visited the kiss Minigolf place last week where they made a tank and half the fish were gone, what does that tell you? Also did you ever see the one with all the discus?

I don't necessarily agree with some of their selections but surely they would be out of business by now if there were lots of dead fish etc from it? Either that or their are lots of idiots around and about. Take the stocking issue aside anyway their tanks are amazing.

I visited the kiss Minigolf place last week where they made a tank and half the fish were gone, what does that tell you? Also did you ever see the one with all the discus?

Yes, that was a lot of discus in there

IMO, they are at fault for adding all the fish at once, which has to cause fatalities, but these places/people are not to bright for allowing them to do so. Thankfully, I am guessing that their primary role is aquarium manufacturing and these installs are probably more for TV.

The thing that disturbs me with this show is that people that don't know better watch this, see what they are doing and run to their local LFS and buy a ten gallon tank, add water and throw a bunch of fish into an uncycled tank.

IMO, they are at fault for adding all the fish at once, which has to cause fatalities, but these places/people are not to bright for allowing them to do so. Thankfully, I am guessing that their primary role is aquarium manufacturing and these installs are probably more for TV. The thing that disturbs me with this show is that people that don't know better watch this, see what they are doing and run to their local LFS and buy a ten gallon tank, add water and throw a bunch of fish into an uncycled tank.
Exactly right

These threads are so comical, while all you "fish experts" are judging them these guys are running a multi-million dollar operation creating aquariums most here couldn't afford if they wanted to. So until you actually get the correct information and stop speculating what happened I'd stop passing judgment on someone who are clearly helping bring our hobby mainstream.

These threads are so comical, while all you "fish experts" are judging them these guys are running a multi-million dollar operation creating aquariums most here couldn't afford if they wanted to. So until you actually get the correct information and stop speculating what happened I'd stop passing judgment on someone who are clearly helping bring our hobby mainstream.
Agree with you.

I was one of those idiots that ran out and bought a tank, because of "fish tank kings" though, can't stand cast of tanked! My fish thank you for this forumn, luckily I found you guys before I made horrible mistakes;)

I believe it is called our opinion and we are all entitled to that, bring the hobby main stream is one thing, bring it mainstream by making it look like setting up a gold fish bowl is something else, but thats my opinion

quote I was one of those idiots that ran out and bought a tank, because of "fish tank kings" though, can't stand cast of tanked! My fish thank you for this forumn, luckily I found you guys before I made horrible mistakes

Thats what we all are here for :)

I believe it is called our opinion and we are all entitled to that, bring the hobby main stream is one thing, bring it mainstream by making it look like setting up a gold fish bowl is something else, but thats my opinion

What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred.

What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred.

Exactly, there are no facts from the show, it is a easy as a gold fish presentation, IMHO they portray the reef industry as easy as a gold fish bowl, and that does much more harm than good, God only knows how many sea creatures have parishes because of that show, people see it, go to their lfs and buy everything and in 24 hours they have a full reef. I really do not care if they are a multi million dollar organization, they are rich because they don't care, Im not rich but I do care, I guess that is where we part company.

Know a guy who visited there facility and showed me pics of most of their tanks they did that they repossessed. Also, they told him animal planet pays for most of the tanks they do so what does that say.

From what I have heard, from people that have actually been out to see some of these builds, is that there is significant die-off after they stock the tanks. There are pictures out there that show this. I can't imagine any expert would say to completely stock your tank all at once.

Back
Top Bottom