Tanked. Love it, or hate it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to show the Red Head is hot but I don't understand that they don't tell the people who take care of the tanks that is going to take a lot of work oh ya there rich. People come and do it . They just had the last show had a discus tank it looks sweet I'm a little jealous I got nine of them

Attachments

• image-2854963221.jpg
    image-2854963221.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 154
This is the discus tank they had I took the pic I. My tv

Attachments

• image-40391593.jpg
    image-40391593.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 171
I visited freeds bakery to see the cake tank 2 days after the episode came out. The tank was gone so I asked an employee what happened. She said that they ordered the tank just for wedding cake season and got rid of it two months ago. I knew for the most part on the show they act to make it interesting but apparently the camera crew was at the bakery for 3 days retaking and editing. The most lame part was they said the hated the aquarium as it was annoying and too much work so they threw the tank in the recycling and wouldn't even tell me what they did with the poor fish.
It just makes me mad :(

I'm pretty sure they just released the fish in a near by beach because they don't appreciate the beauty of fish.

I love the show.

All I'll say is that they're putting two tank build jobs in one 43 minute episode. They can't show everything. I do realize that they obviously don't take the time it takes to cycle the tank, which is unfortunate, because most of them go up in one day. However, a lot of their high paying customers often expect them to make deadlines so they can show off the tank to friends and families or for some event. I'm sure that this show and those customers bring in a lot of money for them. It's unfortunate that we don't really see them trying to educate the customers, however, again, we don't know what all has happened because we only see a fraction of it.

All we can see are a handful of the tanks that ATM works with. I don't think we could necessarily judge them on that. They do have to make a living, and I really do think that they have a sincere love for fish (at least Wayde does anyway). That's just how I feel anyway!
Ive done some research, and believe it or not. Tbey do cycle their tanks. But only for days. They make it look like they do it emidiatly.

They do have great ideas. Some of the tanks ideas are "out there," but somehow they seem to get it done. I'm not personally a huge fan of acrylic, but I will make exceptions if going with a bigger tank as glass adds a lot of more weight. Entertainment is great, the folks seem genuine, and it's just an inspiration to tank building all together.

That being said, there are a few things I don't like as well. Putting g the fish in without being cycled is one thing I don't like. However, keep in mind they are primarily a tank building company. It's a business. The people who purchase the tank probably could care less about the actual cycle as long as there are fish alive in the tank. They just want a unique tank with the basic setup. I don't personally like faker decorations either. I've always visualized a tank as natural as possible.

These guys actually lived a mile a way from me. They make a lot of custom tanks for businesses here on Long Island. My uncle has dealt with them a few times, but he said their prices are outrageous.

I visited freeds bakery to see the cake tank 2 days after the episode came out. The tank was gone so I asked an employee what happened. She said that they ordered the tank just for wedding cake season and got rid of it two months ago. I knew for the most part on the show they act to make it interesting but apparently the camera crew was at the bakery for 3 days retaking and editing. The most lame part was they said the hated the aquarium as it was annoying and too much work so they threw the tank in the recycling and wouldn't even tell me what they did with the poor fish.
It just makes me mad :(
I'm not doubting YOU but I find it hard to believe that they would just threw the tank away. I believe the customers on the show get the tank free but pay for the stock. I'm sure there has to be some kind of contract T&C's etc..

These guys actually lived a mile a way from me. They make a lot of custom tanks for businesses here on Long Island. My uncle has dealt with them a few times, but he said their prices are outrageous.
That's what being on TV brings, extra $$$. The guys are probably not paid extraordinary amount of cash by the network but make up for it in their business side of things....Look at Mami Ink, LA Ink etc, those guy's don't even work in the shop. They are only there for filming. When filming stops, there gone but the shops still charge crazy money for tats because of the 'name'....

I love the show.

All I'll say is that they're putting two tank build jobs in one 43 minute episode. They can't show everything. I do realize that they obviously don't take the time it takes to cycle the tank, which is unfortunate, because most of them go up in one day. However, a lot of their high paying customers often expect them to make deadlines so they can show off the tank to friends and families or for some event. I'm sure that this show and those customers bring in a lot of money for them. It's unfortunate that we don't really see them trying to educate the customers, however, again, we don't know what all has happened because we only see a fraction of it.

All we can see are a handful of the tanks that ATM works with. I don't think we could necessarily judge them on that. They do have to make a living, and I really do think that they have a sincere love for fish (at least Wayde does anyway). That's just how I feel anyway!
I agree. It's TV after all. I know it's on Discovery Channel and should be more factual but it probably falls in the 'reality' category of TV. Networks will continue to show it and shows like it, as long as it's/they making money for them.....

Your exactly right, they only show you the finished project and nothing beyond obviously because its a show, no one cares about the contractual part lol. I found out that most of these elaborate setups they make are maintained by their own team. I'm sure 75% of the people that get these tanks know nothing about aquarium science so that's where they make their money, maintenance.

I personally love it many because I get to see amazing fish and creative tanks.

Same here. Who saw Tracy Morgan's shark tank. It was 3000 gallons!!! I think it contained a blacktip, a whitetip. With a nurse and some bamboos. It was slick. The only thing I didn't like was you have to bend over to see the tank, and the blue background.

I have a love/hate feeling about the show. Love seeing the great tanks, hate their personalities. They throw in seeded media in their tanks that's why they don't need to "cycle".

Well they must have people that come in and take care of the fish because big companies don't care about cleaning out fish poo

I have to say I've been watching on Netflix the past couple nights, and their customers make me sick to my stomach. It's not about the fish, it's about them having something big, expensive, with no genuine value whatsoever. Of course there are some exceptions, like the ship tank build for the sick boy (chilli). But I really can't stand the customers I really wish I could sock them in the jaw. These guys bust their butts for them and they complain about a little water on the floor etc. Pathetic individuals who do not deserve to be members of the upper class it really pisses me off how horrendous their value systems are. Wish I could see more freshwater setups though, saltwater gets old after a while although they are gorgeous. And I don't get the coral scenery with freshwater setups lol makes no sense. But then again, their customers are not too bright and I'm sure do not know the difference between salt and fresh fish. UGH! End rant...

I agree with you man

The camera booth tank made me mad, they had axolotls in a tropical set up and the tank was really tall, hard for them to get their air

Back
Top Bottom