Tanked. Love it, or hate it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I like the show because I love to see how beautiful the tanks end up being and how beautiful the fish are. But I dont like how they stock some tanks and I hate the fake corals. It is only there for looks. I wish they did some more all natural tanks. Like the fung shua tank they did. I loved it.

I know this is going to become a heated topic so lets keep it mellow. No aggressive tones or harsh words, only facts and opinions that are put fairly.

Well i like the tanks and the set-ups but if i had tanked do a project for me i would be stocking it. If they tried to stock i would probably flip out. So my conclusion is i love the tanks and hate how stupidly they stock the tanks.

Well i like the tanks and the set-ups but if i had tanked do a project for me i would be stocking it. If they tried to stock i would probably flip out. So my conclusion is i love the tanks and hate how stupidly they stock the tanks.

me too. I am entering there contest for a free custom tank. If I won it would be an all natural discus tank. I would personally pick out all fish and plants.

Well said, Oscar and I completely agree. I used to really like it and they do create some slick looking aquariums, but they just dump a whole bunch of fish in there with no cycling. Can't get over that part.

Well said, Oscar and I completely agree. I used to really like it and they do create some slick looking aquariums, but they just dump a whole bunch of fish in there with no cycling. Can't get over that part.

Yep! They dump a bunch of chemicals in and expect it to be cycled!

They use an insta-cycle formula. They actually sell it at my local petco. Its the ATM brand.

I love the tanks. Love the guys. They're great at being TV entertainers.

But hate how the fish are treated.

I think we can all agree on that.

cool tanks but their a bunch of idiots when stocking their tanks. i cant watch that show any more it just makes me mad at them and sad that the fish have to go through what they do. most of those fish are wild caught specimens and they put them into a tank with a bunch of fake coral. its not just their fault the tanks have problems, a lot of those fish are harder to care for and I'm willing to bet half the people on their haven't had experience with any kind of saltwater

If they were like fish tank kings and had a fish expert on hand, they would be better.

They have cool ideas, I'm just bigger on tanks that simulate a natural environment. And it seems like people who buy them think fish are easy... "Put water in a tank and be done with it" mentality

fish tank version off orange county chopper !!!!!! fake and tackie

I love the show.

All I'll say is that they're putting two tank build jobs in one 43 minute episode. They can't show everything. I do realize that they obviously don't take the time it takes to cycle the tank, which is unfortunate, because most of them go up in one day. However, a lot of their high paying customers often expect them to make deadlines so they can show off the tank to friends and families or for some event. I'm sure that this show and those customers bring in a lot of money for them. It's unfortunate that we don't really see them trying to educate the customers, however, again, we don't know what all has happened because we only see a fraction of it.

All we can see are a handful of the tanks that ATM works with. I don't think we could necessarily judge them on that. They do have to make a living, and I really do think that they have a sincere love for fish (at least Wayde does anyway). That's just how I feel anyway!

me too. I am entering there contest for a free custom tank. If I won it would be an all natural discus tank. I would personally pick out all fish and plants.

How do you enter the contest? I didn't see it on their website?

I want to do it baddddd

Why would I want more people entering? Lol. You need to watch the show live on Friday nights where there will be a code. Then you enter it at animalplanet.com/tankedsweeps there are the official rules and how to enter there too.

Back
Top Bottom