Tanked Pinball Machine build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is the first time I have caught an episode of 'Tanked' since we are house sitting where we actually have normal channels.

Tonight I caught the episode where they added three aquariums onto a working pinball machine, and then built some really large tanks for a robotics and computer systems company.

I was struck by two things.... Holy over crowded tanks... The top tank on the pinball machine had to have had at least 10 angels in less than 50 gallons.

Second... Holy cruelty to the fish! I am sure the fish do not appreciate the noises from the machine and all those lights flashing... Plus I saw a commercial where they did a skate ramp into a fish tank and had someone actually boarding over it. Seriously? That's gotta shock the crud out of those poor fish!!!

Anyone else catch this episode?

A guy at my lfs cleaned up after that skate ramp tanked episode. He said that in 48 hours every single one of those fish were dead and he had to clean eerything up. He said te owners of the skate place were horrified and just wanted the whole thing gone. He also said that all of the sharks they put in there died because they got caught in the manakin's swim trunks. I seriously disslike that show now

That pinball tank is probably ripped down now anyway. I can't think of any of their ranks that are still up.

paytertot said:
I don't see how that show stays on considering how they clearly don't know what they're doing.

I know, I like fish tank kings way better. They at least have an expert who appears to know what his talking about

George9 said:
I know, I like fish tank kings way better. They at least have an expert who appears to know what his talking about

I can't agree more. Fish Tank Kings is a much better show. I think the guys from Tanked are morons. All their tanks are too crowded(both dish and deco), unsafe and most of all a joke. They've made a phone booth tank, jukebox tank, bubble gum machine tank and a beer keg tank that have all been taken down. They have no respect for the fish or the heavily ripped off owners of those tanks. Watch FTK, such a better show.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
A guy at my lfs cleaned up after that skate ramp tanked episode. He said that in 48 hours every single one of those fish were dead and he had to clean eerything up. He said te owners of the skate place were horrified and just wanted the whole thing gone. He also said that all of the sharks they put in there died because they got caught in the manakin's swim trunks. I seriously disslike that show now

Are you kidding me? This is why I don't even bother with that show. Those guys irk me, and now I know why. Now fish tank kings is great. Good to see some actual knowledge on there.

Back
Top Bottom