Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Although I guess looking at it from a business standpoint, it's really up to the customer to provide a good environment for the fish.
Yeah. I guess that's true.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Eh, they use fake corals which I don't like. And it appears they add the fish right away but they say the "natural seawater and bacteria help the cycle" which the seawater won't do much of anything...and idk about the bacteria.

And they made Tracy Morgan a shark tank which was cool, but they stocked it with black tip reef sharks, which get like 7ft. Which was Wayyyy too big for his tank.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Love the show. All the arguing gets a little annoying to me... I don't care for wade's wife all that much... She gets on my nerves for some reason. Some of the tanks they do are nothing short of amazing!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish tank kings is pretty good they are the other guys who build monster tanks they got one guy Francis that goes in depth with fish so it's good
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04 View Post
This has been discussed on a few different threads before. I am just going to add that the guys from Tanked have zero say in how the show is edited. So, a lot of the edited and presentation is done by people who do not know about fish tanks. The guys in charge of the company have said that waaayyyy more goes on that the viewer is unaware of. Also, the tanks are not always left with the stock that is shown in them. Some of that is just for production. So, I have enjoyed the show just fine, but keep in mind that the producers are making entertainment, not a fish tank documentary. So, don't blame the ATM guys too much for it. They actually seem to run to very good business judging from what I have researched independently from that show.
I agree with absolutange. At the end of the day, it's a TV show, for entertainment purposes. Although WE would like better fish practices, the ordinary person doesn't care much for that. There's more acting and staging rather than reality. A bit like other shows like Mami Ink, LA ink, which are over dubbed, to make it seem like the actors/characters argue a lot. Still like it though!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
I agree with absolutange. At the end of the day, it's a TV show, for entertainment purposes. Although WE would like better fish practices, the ordinary person doesn't care much for that. There's more acting and staging rather than reality. A bit like other shows like Mami Ink, LA ink, which are over dubbed, to make it seem like the actors/characters argue a lot. Still like it though!!!
See, it's the acting and staging that really drive me up the wall. I guess producers feel the need to make everyone fit with the idea that anyone with a tv show should have this big, over the top personality. The fake drama kills me. I can't stand "reality" tv. A little off-topic, but I've waited on some of the "stars" of Swamp People and Ice Road Truckers. Really nice people. But I wouldn't have recognized them had someone not pointed it out to me.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's the problem, reality TV isn't really reality anymore. I remember when MTV was a music channel...haha. The networks just label these shows as reality because what else can you call them!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

By the way, what season is "Tanked" on in the US??
Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've always enjoyed the show, it's really the reason I started a fish tank. I had many of them over the years but after watching I really missed having fish. They do a lot of editing so of course we don't see anything, there is only so much they can fit into an hour episode. I'll agree the drama and antics get a little annoying but it's all done for the show.

Also it brings in a lot of new people to the hobby, although if they follow the advice on the show they would be miss informed. Although I have noticed that in the newer ones they are not mentioning cycling and a few other things.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

What network does the fish tank kings show air on?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com