Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourReve08 View Post
I can't even imagine how much those tanks cost! I loved the one they did that was like a headboard so could lay in bed and watch the fish swimming over you. So cool. I also saw them make an 8 gallon tank out of a tv and they put 3 rainbow sharks and several bala shark in there too, plus some guppies and I was like woah slow down. 8 gallons? Way too small for those fish, am I right?
I saw that one too, but I'm hopeful that they told the kid that they will outgrow that tank eventually. Maybe they will take the outgrown fish off his hands and find them a new home.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

the tanks they build are cool, the fake coral sucks. The way they treat the fish is horrible, anybody that is in to slatwater knows the day you add water you don't add 100 fish. From what i have read on another forum from some guys that have worked with them a lot of the fish are dead within a week

Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
By the way, what season is "Tanked" on in the US??

season 4 is on air right now on Friday at 9pm at animal planet. Love the tanks they build but not the custom corals. I wonder how much they quote for each build and installation and what-nots.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
season 4 is on air right now on Friday at 9pm at animal planet. Love the tanks they build but not the custom corals. I wonder how much they quote for each build and installation and what-nots.
Cheers. Season 2 just started last Wed here. The episode with the fridge-tank was on last night. I do love this show but just for entertainment not for anything factual. I would say they charge thousands. I would say the tanks featured get a massive discount. They're just building their name with the show, so they can charge Joe blog even more!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airgoose2222 View Post
What network does the fish tank kings show air on?
I'm in Georgia, USA and when I find its on *i think* national geographic discovery... Again? *i think*
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012 View Post
I'm in Georgia, USA and when I find its on *i think* national geographic discovery... Again? *i think*
If not, i'm sure it's available online...
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When I was in Florida I watches it on animal planet.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Cheers. Season 2 just started last Wed here. The episode with the fridge-tank was on last night. I do love this show but just for entertainment not for anything factual. I would say they charge thousands. I would say the tanks featured get a massive discount. They're just building their name with the show, so they can charge Joe blog even more!!!

I'm not sure about the "thousands" because some other installations actually require forklifts, large manpower, and the attendance of major members such as Redneck, not to mention the cost of design, material, truck rental and airfares. i wouldn't be surprised if the final number comes close to tens of thousands if not hundred thousand range.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post

I'm not sure about the "thousands" because some other installations actually require forklifts, large manpower, and the attendance of major members such as Redneck, not to mention the cost of design, material, truck rental and airfares. i wouldn't be surprised if the final number comes close to tens of thousands if not hundred thousand range.
I wouldn't be either. I was watching the one yesterday where the guy wanted to have a stingray tank installed and he proposed to his girlfriend using a clamshell in the bottom of the tank that opened and had the ring in it. I remember they had to fly out to California I think it was to select the fish for that tank and had to have the fish flown back to Vegas the next day. I can imagine that was pricey.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012 View Post
I wouldn't be either. I was watching the one yesterday where the guy wanted to have a stingray tank installed and he proposed to his girlfriend using a clamshell in the bottom of the tank that opened and had the ring in it. I remember they had to fly out to California I think it was to select the fish for that tank and had to have the fish flown back to Vegas the next day. I can imagine that was pricey.
I meant thousands for their 30g's!!!. I would say the production company picks up a chunk of the cost. I know on Mami/LA Ink, you don't have to pay if your featured in the show....

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com