'Tanked' tv show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's fake. 1. They set it up in a couple days. 2. It's not cycled. Their product Colony does not "instantly" cycle.

I saw an episode where they mentioned that each tank panel was 20 thousand a piece. Just material cost. I believe as well that they keep a large quantity of constantly cycling media on hand. Probably fill the filter with media and water and do overnight delivery to the job site to keep as much bacteria in tact as possible. They have horrible fish handling and stocking practices though... no concern for the fish whatsoever just making client happy and cashing the cheque.

I saw an episode where they mentioned that each tank panel was 20 thousand a piece. Just material cost. I believe as well that they keep a large quantity of constantly cycling media on hand. Probably fill the filter with media and water and do overnight delivery to the job site to keep as much bacteria in tact as possible. They have horrible fish handling and stocking practices though... no concern for the fish whatsoever just making client happy and cashing the cheque.
That's what TV bosses class as entertainment i'm afraid....

Cheers. Season 2 just started last Wed here. The episode with the fridge-tank was on last night. I do love this show but just for entertainment not for anything factual. I would say they charge thousands. I would say the tanks featured get a massive discount. They're just building their name with the show, so they can charge Joe blog even more!!!

Yeah, it is nice just to watch it as a show about your interests. It's the only aquarium show I know of that I get

We looked at their website and its like 3 grand for a 1000g tank. But I bet it's one of their cookie cutter tanks.

Used to love show, then everything Brett proposed Wade would look like an idiot and doubt him. After selling a 10g (at the most) with others and 2 Bala Sharks I deleted it off my DVR.

Back
Top Bottom