Tax rebate check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you use your Tax rebate check on your aquarium.

• I plan on using it to upgrade to a bigger or better tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I plan on using it to purchase more livestock.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I plan on using it to buy equipment for my tank.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I plan on buying livestock and equipment for my tank.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I`m not planning on using any of it on my tank.

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paty- If you earned $3,000 or more last year you will receive $600 back ($1200 if married).

I definitely earned a lot less than $3,000. I worked at a grocery store, I think I made like 500 bucks. ha Like I said I worked maybe two weeks last year, and didn't work after the grocery store closed. I'm also not married.

Well, since it's supposed to be a stimulus check...
If I spend it at the fish store, it will pay fisheries in Indonesia.
at Walmart it'll go to China.
A car, it'll go to Canada, Mexico or Japan.
Food will go to Mexico, Brazil or Columbia.

That pretty much just leaves beer and hookers if we want to keep it in our economy.
See? Spitzer was a true patriot!

Anywho, it'll probably end up in the bank so we can save up to buy a house. Then I'll have the room for bigger fish tanks. :)

Mine is going to pay off debt, my husband is on a real kick right now about getting rid of the only credit card we have. Though I can't blame him I would like to get rid of that bill too. Then int he future that will leave more money for my tank right.

I definitely earned a lot less than $3,000. I worked at a grocery store, I think I made like 500 bucks. ha Like I said I worked maybe two weeks last year, and didn't work after the grocery store closed. I'm also not married.

Don't count on getting back anything then :(

I was disappointed when I learned that the "most of you will earn $600" is for those earning at least $35,000 a year. If you make less than that, your stimulus check is only $300. Yet you have to make at least $3,000 to even qualify for a rebate.

Single without Qualifying Children

*grumbles*

Don't count on getting back anything then :(

I was disappointed when I learned that the "most of you will earn $600" is for those earning at least $35,000 a year. If you make less than that, your stimulus check is only $300. Yet you have to make at least $3,000 to even qualify for a rebate.

Single without Qualifying Children

*grumbles*

Well, I'm not sure what I made, but I know I got like $84 back. My parents did my taxes when they did theirs, so I'm really not all that sure.

It is going in the bank to replace the funds we just took out to buy a second tank. This one will be FOWLR

I guess one of my options should have been " I already spent my rebate check on Aquaria and I`m just putting it back in the bank to recover the cost." LOL

If anyone is wondering when they will be getting their money, here's the timeline..... I'm not spending any on my tanks myself.

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns Processed by April 15

Well, since it's supposed to be a stimulus check...
If I spend it at the fish store, it will pay fisheries in Indonesia.
at Walmart it'll go to China.
A car, it'll go to Canada, Mexico or Japan.
Food will go to Mexico, Brazil or Columbia.

That pretty much just leaves beer and hookers if we want to keep it in our economy.
See? Spitzer was a true patriot!

Anywho, it'll probably end up in the bank so we can save up to buy a house. Then I'll have the room for bigger fish tanks. :)

There is another avenue, Dog Training, lol. ;)

Last edited:
What really ticks me off is I was expecting a 600.00 check because that's what the gal said that does my taxes, but now I find in this thread that because I made less than 35000.00, it's only 300.00, LMAO.

Keep your money in the community by supporting your local dog trainers and enrolling your dog into sheep herding classes, LOL. Just kidding, lol. Betty did fantastic on her first day of sheep herding class yesterday. And it's a great experience for me as well. It's turning from a hobby into an addiction, LOL.

I'm planning on using mine to finish up my stand and get my 30 gallon long up and running. :)

I also thought it was $600, guess its only $300 for those who made less than $35k though.

cmor1701d- I'm with you on the "I'm not getting a check" Oh well.
But if I was, a good portion would go into my aquarium by default.

Back
Top Bottom