Teddy Tanks the new Betta torture chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What were they thinking? If you give this to a little kid, they're going to shake the poor fish around.

What were they thinking? If you give this to a little kid, they're going to shake the poor fish around.

I was just about to say that. They'd throw the beta across the room! That's horrible it's about as bad as it gets. Id rather see WAY overstocked tanks them That crap

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

That's terrible! Whoever invented it must have no idea:/

They probably only care about making money rather than thinking about the poor fish :( Absolutely terrible. I'm not sure which is worse: This or the storage containers they use at petco for the bettas.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's terrible! Whoever invented it must have no idea:/

No I'm sure they know darn good and well what they've created, but like company all they care about is $$$$
They could care less about the Auschwitz style torture that brings.

No I'm sure they know darn good and well what they've created, but like company all they care about is $$$$
They could care less about the Auschwitz style torture that brings.

"because it's just a fish, not a fluffy animal or a person"

Moneygrubbing scumbags

THAT IS HORRIFIC! :'(

I saw a picture of a betta in a clock on the wall. Imagine the horrible noise.... :'(

I hate how fish are treated like ornaments sometimes, instead of the intelligent living beings that they are.

They're smart little critters. Ours gets all excited when we come near him and swims up to us, follows our fingers, and has quite the personality. :)

I just read the FAQ and apparently bettas acclimate to room temp. No, they need a heater unless you live in a warm climate all the time. They did write 74-82 though, so that is good. But you can't put a heater in the bear.

And they perpetuate the myth that they should be in a small space. Ugh!

At least they tell you to supervise the child and change the water frequently. But. Who knows if everyone that orders this "toy" will do that :(

I even saw on their Facebook page: it would be the perfect home that your goldfish would love.

:( No no NO!

Yes we should! I did see some comments on there saying how wrong it is in general, and one person said that it is inadequate for goldfish.

Also apparently the company deletes comments not related to it's products. I found this out by reading a comment that someone made on their original comment. She opted not to buy from them. That's just not right to delete things like that!

This is HORRIBLE. Almost as bad as that betta vase trend that was going around.
I saw it the other day at Petsmart and couldn't believe my eyes.

I mean....there is a lid on it obviously. So.....how can they breath in that thing??

As an employee of a store that sells these death chambers I don't let people leave with a betta in anything less than a 3 gallon with a filter& heater! Same with goldfish (but 10gal and no heater) and NEVER with one of these abominations

As an employee of a store that sells these death chambers I don't let people leave with a betta in anything less than a 3 gallon with a filter& heater! Same with goldfish (but 10gal and no heater) and NEVER with one of these abominations

THANK YOU! I wish every store would train their employees correctly. It's horrible seeing "experts" offering bad advice. Thank you for not being one of them!

Back
Top Bottom