Television tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've thought of something like that but never got around to it :/
An old classic tv would look awesome :D
Or a 65" lol

Mumma.of.two said:
Yeah we are thinking an old veneered one :D that would be so sweet!

Hey mumma, check on YouTube " Dustins fish tanks" his friend made one and I think he featured it in one of his videos. It's a really old tv and I believe it's planted. I also think it was one of his earlier videos( he has about 550 vids now total) try typing in " dustins fish tanks old tv fish tank" hope this helps!! :)

Austin.b said:
Hey mumma, check on YouTube " Dustins fish tanks" his friend made one and I think he featured it in one of his videos. It's a really old tv and I believe it's planted. I also think it was one of his earlier videos( he has about 550 vids now total) try typing in " dustins fish tanks old tv fish tank" hope this helps!! :)

I just found it. It's pretty sweet! So excited now!! This is the closest hubby as come to being interested in fish keeping. :D now we gotta find a nice old school tv.

Oh mumma..9th!!! Lol! I am like the devil on your shoulder here!

This tank will be sooo sweet. Hey, why dont you try saltwater for this one?? This is DEFINITLY the time to do it, and you totally have the experience!!

I need 5 good reasons why not!:)

I've seen this done, and it's VERY cool, especially if you can find the right size bow-front so it looks like an old tube TV screen sticking out!! One thing you will want to do after you gut out the TV components is to remove the top of the cabinet and put a 2x4 cross-brace across the back.... this strengthens the back of the cabinet & gives you something to mount hinges to so you can lift the top of your "TV" for very easy access to the tank. Also, heat might become an issue within the enclosure, so you may need a small ventilation fan in there to come on with the lights.

Gboy66 said:
Oh mumma..9th!!! Lol! I am like the devil on your shoulder here!

This tank will be sooo sweet. Hey, why dont you try saltwater for this one?? This is DEFINITLY the time to do it, and you totally have the experience!!

I need 5 good reasons why not!:)

Hehehehe! I even said to him that we could try and find a tv that will fit an existing tank but he said we should buy another or even try and make one :/
Not too sure about salt water. Definitely one day! Probably after we are settled and have our own house. We are renting at the moment so will have to move eventually.

Phranque said:
I've seen this done, and it's VERY cool, especially if you can find the right size bow-front so it looks like an old tube TV screen sticking out!! One thing you will want to do after you gut out the TV components is to remove the top of the cabinet and put a 2x4 cross-brace across the back.... this strengthens the back of the cabinet & gives you something to mount hinges to so you can lift the top of your "TV" for very easy access to the tank. Also, heat might become an issue within the enclosure, so you may need a small ventilation fan in there to come on with the lights.

Great idea with the bow front!!
I read about bracing the top and bottom on the inside to support the weight of the tank. :)
Another great idea with the fan also! Thanks!

Lol! What if someone put like pihranas in a toilet tank? How could you relax??

Ha! I would just feel uncomfortable using the toilet in front of my fish every day. Poor guys...how's that for a scenic view? No wonder the rent is so cheap. :ermm:

Some examples?

Attachments

• a144_tv.jpeg
    a144_tv.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 021209fishtv.jpeg
    021209fishtv.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 115
  • tv_aquarium2.jpeg
    tv_aquarium2.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN3449-755851.jpeg
    DSCN3449-755851.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20120217_131530.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120217_131530.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 146
This is totally where its at.

Mumma! Its a sw tank too!!! Take the hint for nemo's sake!

apinkmanatee said:
That is awesome!

Yah I know right. U can buy it on thisiswhyimbroke.com, my favorite site next to this one. I think ots listes for around 2k. And yea gboy waaaaay to.many goldfish. They proboably just needed the for the photo. But still, that makes people think that they can put them in there

Back
Top Bottom