Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2014, 02:26 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedikeens11 View Post
Had 2 gold fish I won at a carnival, three guppies, four mollies, two red tailed sharks, and a common pleco in a ten gallon tank. Uncycled, no heater and in front of my window as well. Didnt use any type of water conditioners and def cleaned the tank, decorations, gravel, and filter with dish soap and bleach. It was a rough few days!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Me too!I used to clean the tank with soap

Want success in Aquarium keeping? NEVER think of it as work

Tara't Mag-aquarium!
Ata magpuon ka na!
pollex.jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:26 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

When I was about 3 I fed my sisters betta an entire bottle of food, it died shortly afterwards....

Old 03-23-2014, 05:52 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

I sucked up my double tail betta tonight during cleaning my 10g. he got a bit messed up. his fins seemed to be getting bad again so he's chillin in a small clear container getting betta revive for a few days
Old 03-23-2014, 06:51 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, bought like 20 fish that was cycled for exactly 12 hrs (yikes!) Never did water changes, and had a goldfish in with tropicals! Live and learn
Old 03-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFISH View Post
Yeah, bought like 20 fish that was cycled for exactly 12 hrs (yikes!) Never did water changes, and had a goldfish in with tropicals! Live and learn
Live and Learn! I like that

Want success in Aquarium keeping? NEVER think of it as work

Tara't Mag-aquarium!
Ata magpuon ka na!
pollex.jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I put a beta fish in a tank with 2 Oscars and 2 Pacus and was wondering what happened to them
Old 03-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

That's sad and funny, Sorry.:-(
Old 03-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

When I was ten i had a 30 gallon tank with three goldfish in it and every week I'd take them out of the tank to clean it, I scrubbed the whole tank gravel, filters the lot while my fish swam about in the bathtub! Always remembered my mum's face when she came in from work early and I never dechlorinated the water either! I eventually gave them to a garden centre where they have a pond.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Coming back in after a long haitus, and in starting my nano, I let it run for a month thinking that was what they called "cycling" (this is NOT how to do it!). During which time, I was trying to get a couple plants started. By the way, the stuff they put on the plants seals them and prevents then from doing what plants do. Lost two crops thanks to that stuff. My third try I rinsed everything off and now my third plant has grown and now covers two much larger tanks. Next, I brought in a pair of platys. When nitrates come out of nowhere, I did 50% water changes daily, but after a week of that, both platys fell victim. Lessons learned there were passed to another, very greatful keeper of the platys. I managed to get it settled with a guppy, after safrificing two ghost shrimp. The otto cats survive and had plenty of algae under that F13/BX lamp I was using. I an also thinking about going away fron that tempered glass gravel I thought was so cool, as algae loved it. Now thft I have two more bigger tanks, I have my fish in my 29 and a 15 is cycling in via a different method.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

In the beginning....I burned out a filter's motor by running it 'dry'. That was a very expensive mistake!

Tags
aquarium, psi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com