Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tennessee Aquarium?

So, winter break is coming up soon and I don't have much plans other than staying with family in the mountains. My last final is the eighth and my birthday is the twelfth (the big one-nine!!).
Anywho, my uncle came up with the idea that I should go up with one of my friends to the Tennessee Aquarium, since I have been to the Georgia one five times. I got my fellow fish-loving friend to agree to go with me.
I have never been and I don't know anyone that has. So, my question is, has anyone been? Is it worth the three hour drive (rough estimate) and the amount of caffeine I will have to drink to stay awake the drive up and back to campus?
Thanks and be honest!

Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm from Chattanooga and they had just built it when I was moving away. Anyways, I like it but haven't been recently. It's not as good as Atlanta's or Montery Bay, but its a cool place.

20 gal planted-1 Dwarf Puffer, 1 South American Puffer, 2 Red Eye Tetras, 2 Serpae Tetras, 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, and some random ghost shrimp meant as food. Have 2 ten gallons empty so help me decide (maybe Betta and ADF and a shell dwelling Cichlid tank. Open to suggestions) Visit my T-shirt store http://www.moronsarefunny.spreadshirt.com
Tabbykat9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been there a few times and would say that it is absolutely worth a 3 hour drive. It's not as large as GA, but it's pretty diverse. The butterfly exhibit was amazing.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I've never been to that one, but the one in Gatlinburg is simply awesome.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys. I realise it will be smaller than the Georgia Aquarium (isn't it supposedly the largest in the world?), but it will be something different and a fun mini-road trip for me and my friend. I will defiantly be going.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
The Tennessee Aquarium has alot of freshwater stuff which I really liked. It would definitely be worth the drive. Its different from the GA Aquarium for sure, but still a good one to see.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I was born in Chattanooga and have been to the Aquarium many many times. While I lived in Chattanooga (1998-99) I was a member and was there as many as 3 times a week. I lived across the river in Redbank and loved visiting. I live in Baltimore now and the Tennessee Aquarium is modeled after the one here. It is nice and you will enjoy the visit but it is not as nice or big as others.

I recommend paying it a visit!
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
I was born in Chattanooga and have been to the Aquarium many many times. While I lived in Chattanooga (1998-99) I was a member and was there as many as 3 times a week. I lived across the river in Redbank and loved visiting. I live in Baltimore now and the Tennessee Aquarium is modeled after the one here. It is nice and you will enjoy the visit but it is not as nice or big as others.

I recommend paying it a visit!
My dentist was in Red Bank. My dad worked downtown, he won season passes to the aquarium the year they built it. That was also the year we moved away, so we only went once with the passes.

I've been a bunch of time after that though cause we live about 2 hours away. They had a jellyfish exhibit one year and a seahorse exhibit another year that were both really awesome. Oh and the Otters are awesome if they come out.
20 gal planted-1 Dwarf Puffer, 1 South American Puffer, 2 Red Eye Tetras, 2 Serpae Tetras, 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, and some random ghost shrimp meant as food. Have 2 ten gallons empty so help me decide (maybe Betta and ADF and a shell dwelling Cichlid tank. Open to suggestions) Visit my T-shirt store http://www.moronsarefunny.spreadshirt.com
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

They have otters? Oh, I love otters. The GA one has sea and river ones, but it never hurts to go see more otters!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

They had them all the times i've been there but its been about 3 years since I have been so I hope they are still there! First time I went, they refused to come out. Very fun to watch when they are out though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com