Tha best present EVER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyektulu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Its nearly christmas!

Im 21 now so the festive season has lost most of its appeal, it is so great when you are young but when you get older you realise that xmas has just lost most of its meaning and its all about the presents.
The worst thing about it is the expence!
Is it me or does it get more expensive each year, I think it is a combination of peoples expectations of how much a gift should cost without you being 'tight' and stores hammering on the cost because of the season.

Anyway back to the point, what would be your ideal xmas gift this year?
Just fantasy no matter the cost....

Mine would be a home of my own (I cannot afford to get on the housing market house prices have gone ridiculous, practically impossible for most first time buyers to get onto the property ladder, unless you want to live in a very undesirible area.)
That or a nintendog!
Have you seen them? They are SO cute, I havnt bought one because I know the novelty will wear off and it would become tedious.

Lets see... How about the latest and greatest electronics? Huge TV, super fast computer with cable access, stereo, $4000 digital camera... Nah. I'd go for a 100-gallon salt tank with all the trimmings and stock.

That is what I want, a coin operated boy, made of plastic and elastic, he is rugged and long lasting, who could ever ever ask for more, love without complications galore, Many shapes and weights to choose from, I will never leave my bedroom, I will never cry at night again, wrap my arms around him and pretend-----Dresden Dolls

:D A coin operated boy sounds great.

Rach101, I can't believe you know who the Dresdaen Dolls are that is too cool. I love them.
I would love the pink Motorola Razr phone. A 400 gallon tank would be nice. And teh KichenAid stand up mixer thing, it would make my liffe sssoooooooo much easier.

I think, when it comes to expense, is the older you get... the more people you have to shop for (especially when you are apart of your boyfriends families Christmas *snarf*)

I would love to get engaged this Christmas. I mean, there are several material possesions I wouldn't mind having this Christmas, but none would make me as happy as getting engaged.

I want a 500 gallon martini glass aquarium with a 100 pound olive, including toucans with grafted piranah gills. And I want it in the middle of my livingroom!

What do I want for christmas? oh just a harley and a new house. lol of course thanks to hurrican katrina, im getting the new house now, but oh well.

Im 21 now so the festive season has lost most of its appeal, it is so great when you are young but when you get older you realise that xmas has just lost most of its meaning and its all about the presents.

I don't know about losing it's appeal. In fact the other day my wife and I were outside, and it was the first snow of the year. She was laughing at me and said I look like a 5 year old. When you stop to think about how much you are spending on gifts, perhaps there may be a bad taste left in your mouth, but I don't look at that. I am 25 years old and I still play in the snow, I build snowmen, I go sledding (not snowboarding, but sledding with the $5 plastic sleds and innertubes from wal-mart), a snowball fight is always possible, I LOVE the snow and the spirit that comes this time of the year. Sorry for that rant, and to get back on topic, I want a bloodhound.

Christmas doesn't "excite" me has much as it used to. Nevertheless, its still fun being with family and all.

I'd get a Subaru 2006 STi and 5000g of saltwater, freshwater, and turtle habitat. Plus another yellow lab to accompany the one I have now.

Oh ya, I'd have enough fresh organic salad greens and carrots to last me the rest of my life. And I'd have chickens to produce eggs and maybe a Tiger to patrol the garden and chickens.

I'm 21 as well... and I enjoy Christmas but it doesn't excite me like it used to. But, I know when I have kids, it will end up being just as exciting, if not more so, than when I was little myself. I can't wait to be Santa =oP

When you have little kids Christmas is sooo fun and exciting!

As for gifts being expensive the adults in our family usually do pollyanna. Everyone picks a name out of a hat and you are only responsible for buying a gift for the name you drew. It works out great and you are able to buy one person something cool without trying to buy tons of cheaper gifts for everyone. Our pollyanna always has a price limit. This year it's $50.00 but many years it was $10-20 depending on how everyone is doing financially. It's fun cause we are able to include all our brothers and sisters significant others as well as wives and husbands.

As for my dream gift.......I'd love to go away with my husband for a week to a deserted island where I could sleep late without kids driving me monkeynuts and dogs bounding into my bed at sun rise.

Forget gifts. If I could have anything for christmas it would be to have all my debt and bills paid. Oh, and snow on christmas day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom