Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-05-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thank-you!!

just a shout out to all who run this site. until yesterday aa was my first and only encounter with a "forum" online. car trouble led me to seek advice at another forum and it became quickly appearant what the differences between the sites were. i did find the information i was looking for at this other site, but it came after sifting through constant threads of "f this, f that". and no, there was no consideration taken to removing the last three letters of that word even though their user agreement was the same as here... now, i don't think i'm an old prude yet, but i certainly enjoy a professional, curteous orginization that upholds it's values. i think we come across places like this far too infrequently.
so, THANK YOU for making this such an enjoyable and informative, professional place to talk about the things i love!! -chris

30 Gallon FW. 1 Albino Bushynose Plecostomus, 2 Harlequin Raspboras, and 1 Male German Blue Ram
Old 09-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

and thanks to you to!

As much as the moderators and admins do to reel things back in when they get out of hand, it is just as much the membership that makes this site what it is.

Thanks justrelax!

(btw, what kind of car trouble were you having?)

Old 09-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Yep. Doesn't take long for folks to see the quality and friendly evironment. I got stuck here even before I had seen any other forum sites and had anything to compare it to.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 09-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I agree with you, justrelax. I had some questions, not having to do with fish and posted them on the lounge. I got sick of looking at those other forums and all the negative name calling and rudeness. I fund this site and became comfortable, rather quickly. I figure those other forums are specific, but I have found this site has wAAy more diversity and courtesy.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
Old 09-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyZ
...it is just as much the membership that makes this site what it is.
That is so true. Without the members (whom I've found to have a myriad of knowledge and experience in all subjects), we could not achieve anything. Having a place to come to to ask a question and get positive responses is what it's all about.

I think roka64 summed it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64
but I have found this site has wAAy more diversity and courtesy.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

AquariumAdvice.com prides itself in being one of the best "family friendly" aquarum advice site on the net. We welcome a wide variety of individuals, many of whom are minors and do not deserve to be subjected to "adult" content or language. This is the kind of site I would be comfortable having my children surf freely. That is why I am here. I thank all of you for helping in the cause. There is such thing as a clean and safe internet site. The thanks belongs to our wonderful members.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Thebluyak
Re: thank-you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrelax
just a shout out to all who run this site. until yesterday aa was my first and only encounter with a "forum" online. car trouble led me to seek advice at another forum and it became quickly appearant what the differences between the sites were. i did find the information i was looking for at this other site, but it came after sifting through constant threads of "f this, f that". and no, there was no consideration taken to removing the last three letters of that word even though their user agreement was the same as here... now, i don't think i'm an old prude yet, but i certainly enjoy a professional, curteous orginization that upholds it's values. i think we come across places like this far too infrequently.
so, THANK YOU for making this such an enjoyable and informative, professional place to talk about the things i love!! -chris

DID IT HAPPEN TO BE PIRATE4X4.COM? lol I used to be a member of that site and it was a ball of fire everyday
Old 09-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

believe me when i say it's my pleasure to be here...

(the car trouble looks like it's just a worn out timing belt. could end up being the cam position sensor, but it's not likely... i picked up a haynes manual today, going to see if i can do it myself. wish me luck!)

30 Gallon FW. 1 Albino Bushynose Plecostomus, 2 Harlequin Raspboras, and 1 Male German Blue Ram
Old 09-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
We want to thank you very much for those comments. Its threads like this that make the work we do put into keeping a civial site worth it.

And if we could keep the name of the 'other' site out of the thread that would be great. You can respond privatly to any request for that info but we dont want to be dragging other sites names thru the mud regardless if they made the mud themselves or not.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
this site is definitely the best. getting an answer with a friendly person behind it is nice to look forward too. with so much experience in a variety of things, you know youll get an honest, trustworthy answer.

hope dies last
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com