thank-you!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just a shout out to all who run this site. until yesterday aa was my first and only encounter with a "forum" online. car trouble led me to seek advice at another forum and it became quickly appearant what the differences between the sites were. i did find the information i was looking for at this other site, but it came after sifting through constant threads of "f this, f that". and no, there was no consideration taken to removing the last three letters of that word even though their user agreement was the same as here... now, i don't think i'm an old prude yet, but i certainly enjoy a professional, curteous orginization that upholds it's values. i think we come across places like this far too infrequently.
so, THANK YOU for making this such an enjoyable and informative, professional place to talk about the things i love!! :) -chris

and thanks to you to!

As much as the moderators and admins do to reel things back in when they get out of hand, it is just as much the membership that makes this site what it is.

Thanks justrelax!

(btw, what kind of car trouble were you having?)

Yep. Doesn't take long for folks to see the quality and friendly evironment. I got stuck here even before I had seen any other forum sites and had anything to compare it to.

I agree with you, justrelax. I had some questions, not having to do with fish and posted them on the lounge. I got sick of looking at those other forums and all the negative name calling and rudeness. I fund this site and became comfortable, rather quickly. I figure those other forums are specific, but I have found this site has wAAy more diversity and courtesy.

BillyZ said:
...it is just as much the membership that makes this site what it is.

That is so true. Without the members (whom I've found to have a myriad of knowledge and experience in all subjects), we could not achieve anything. Having a place to come to to ask a question and get positive responses is what it's all about.

I think roka64 summed it up:

roka64 said:
but I have found this site has wAAy more diversity and courtesy.

(y)

AquariumAdvice.com prides itself in being one of the best "family friendly" aquarum advice site on the net. We welcome a wide variety of individuals, many of whom are minors and do not deserve to be subjected to "adult" content or language. This is the kind of site I would be comfortable having my children surf freely. That is why I am here. I thank all of you for helping in the cause. There is such thing as a clean and safe internet site. The thanks belongs to our wonderful members.

justrelax said:
just a shout out to all who run this site. until yesterday aa was my first and only encounter with a "forum" online. car trouble led me to seek advice at another forum and it became quickly appearant what the differences between the sites were. i did find the information i was looking for at this other site, but it came after sifting through constant threads of "f this, f that". and no, there was no consideration taken to removing the last three letters of that word even though their user agreement was the same as here... now, i don't think i'm an old prude yet, but i certainly enjoy a professional, curteous orginization that upholds it's values. i think we come across places like this far too infrequently.
so, THANK YOU for making this such an enjoyable and informative, professional place to talk about the things i love!! :) -chris

DID IT HAPPEN TO BE PIRATE4X4.COM? lol I used to be a member of that site and it was a ball of fire everyday

believe me when i say it's my pleasure to be here...

(the car trouble looks like it's just a worn out timing belt. could end up being the cam position sensor, but it's not likely... i picked up a haynes manual today, going to see if i can do it myself. wish me luck!)

We want to thank you very much for those comments. Its threads like this that make the work we do put into keeping a civial site worth it.

And if we could keep the name of the 'other' site out of the thread that would be great. You can respond privatly to any request for that info but we dont want to be dragging other sites names thru the mud regardless if they made the mud themselves or not.

this site is definitely the best. getting an answer with a friendly person behind it is nice to look forward too. with so much experience in a variety of things, you know youll get an honest, trustworthy answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom