Thanksgiving's feast for our finned friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
The biggest reason i started this thread was to wish everyone here at AA a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Also, I'm wondering if anyone offered their aquarium stock any special treats today?

My guys had fresh prawn, frozen bloodworms, wilted romaine lettuce and shelled garden peas.

I was contemplating giving them something special, but I don't have much else to give them other than what they normally eat! I may give them some type of vegetable........And happy thanksgiving to you too :D

I fed my fish a Thanksgiving dinner.

Cheddar Cheese(shredded)
Lemon cake
Baked Potato
Honey Baked Ham (sliced very thin)
King's Hawaiian Rolls

They didn't seem to mind and I think everyone but the angelfish got something. I topped them off with brine shrimp. They are stuffed as am I. This year there weren't many vegetables for some reason.

I'll be keeping an eye on the tank for a few days. They should be fine. They've survived other treats. Cherry popcicle, pistacchios, jello.

Happy thanksgiving to y'all. It really sucks when I have the flu. Couldn't keep a thing down. I'm not sure if I will give my fish anything special.

I finally found something other than earthworms and bloodworms that my tt eel will accept. Prawn, who knew? He stuck his nose up months ago when i tried them.

My parents had guests over and I was busy and didn't have time to feed before they came (I take my time :p) And so I was feeding the fish normal food and some bloodworms when my mom starts talking about how carbon in the filter removes nitrate.... So I was like arghhhhh because that's what my piano teachers husband told her. He just happens to change filter pads once a week or every two weeks in his goldfish tank (100 gal. Approximately, 19 goldfish, 4 less than 3 in. 1 about 12 in. and 15 are about 5 in, including tails) no water changes all winter till they get released into a pond in april. Oh yeah and she really insulted me when she referred to my favorite little peppered cories "Those little things floating around the bottom"

Edit: it's not really about what they ate all the way through but I guess it started like that? :p

Had a great day with the kids coming over. I was going to do my weekly Water changes but I was told by my wife "Not today your not"! So I will be doing it later today or tonight. I have to work for 4 hours today, so I may have to wait, didn't give fish any treats but I thought about giving my Bala's some turkey or ham. Can they eat this???

Back
Top Bottom