The bane of your fishkeeping existance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering what was the thing you hate the most about fishkeeping. Everyone talks about the things they like so let's switch it up. I hate neon tetras. I had forgotten that I had disliked them but recently after getting them again I have found that I still hate them with a passion. Anyone else?

Yeah, I agree with the neons. Everyone thinks they're so pretty... Have you seen a cardinal tetra!?! Oh, and algae... I hate that stuff:banghead:

I hate the waiting period when cycling a tank and it's cloudy waters. we're supposed to be patient but I just cant

I hate cleaning the outside glass of my tanks and then realizing afterwards that i need to stick my arm in the tank again. Agh!

Edit: this just happened.

I hate my awful well water. A 5 stage RO/DI and I still get readings of 20 on my TDS meter after putting in fresh resin and filters. I want to move just so I can have good water and all my algae issues, that have strangled out some of my SPS, will be gone for good.

True. Native fish are nice in their own way just like cichlids, tetras, and barbs.

Cleaning the gravel. I am hoping sand will be easier but it (from what I am reading on here) has its own problems.

I hate when my friend comes round and deliberately drops the algae magnet in the tank! So that means I have to remove the lids, take it out, and hide it from my friend!

MrPillow said:
Money. Don't have enough, spend too much.

This is my problem too! I need more money so I can have a bigger house and more tanks. Lol

I also hate it when a visitor comes to my house takes time to look at all 9 of my tanks and admire the fish in them and them they say you have beautiful fish tanks but why so many?

I despise losing fish to illness that you try so hard to prevent and treat. Especially when it's a $200 discus :(

herp_mommy said:
I despise losing fish to illness that you try so hard to prevent and treat. Especially when it's a $200 discus :(

Ouch! That not only sucks for losing the fish but hurts the pride and wallet too! Sorry for your lose on all 3 counts.

Live crickets...

3 got away from me while I was dumping the bag into my plastic cage. And have been driving me crazy for 4 nights now. I killed 1, but the other two are always on opposite sides of my room taking turns mocking me. So much so I had to sleep on the couch last night.

jkdubs2 said:
I hate cleaning the outside glass of my tanks and then realizing afterwards that i need to stick my arm in the tank again. Agh!

I do this ALL the time time! Or I clean the tanks and glass and my 3 year old immediately comes up and puts his greasy finger prints all over the front! Ugh!

Other things, I hate not having enough extra cash to do what I want(ah patience...) and algae, that dang green spot algae on the front glass! And it always seems to be close to the gravel where it's nerve racking to clean cuz if you get a piece of sand in your sponge... Scratch! :( need to start using a razor blade...

Athaocity said:
I hate the waiting period when cycling a tank and it's cloudy waters. we're supposed to be patient but I just cant

This

jkdubs2 said:

This, or if you think you're done and wash your hands, walk by the tank and see something else that needs done. Only to wash your hands again

MrPillow said:
Money. Don't have enough, spend too much.

Especially this

Billbug68 said:
I do this ALL the time time! Or I clean the tanks and glass and my 3 year old immediately comes up and puts his greasy finger prints all over the front! Ugh!

And this too

Back
Top Bottom