The Best Holiday Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
We have FINALLY convinced the landlord to let us get a cat (we have a no pet clause in our lease), so last Sunday hubby and I went to the humane society. After 3 hours of looking at what seemed like hundreds of cats (omg; this place is PACKED. Poor babies), we fell in lurve. Tomorrow we go pick up the newest member to the household! I am SO psyched; I haven't had a cat since I moved to this side of the river (6 yrs) - all the apt leases have no pet clauses. For me, this is my Chanukah/Xmas/New Years pressie all in one :)

What was YOUR best holiday giftie?

Btw, this is the new guy; we're changing his name but to what yet I dunno LOL : http://www.elmsfordanimalshelter.com/catcategory/cat_onyx.htm

Onyx is a great name for that cat.
It really fits.

My lil girl has a cat that looks alot like that one and her name is snuggles.

If it were up to me Id rather have a boxer..lol

My best holiday gift was my MP3 player from my fiance. I honestly have not used anything more than I do with this contraption. Its the only gift that I use so often!

Heheheh naw Roger; he hasn't been assigned one yet *grin*

And *&*&$#@@!! snowstorm! Couldn't snow earlier so I could have a snow day, and pick up the kitty? Nooooooooo. We left at 3:30 when I got home from work to get the cat, which is normally a 20 min drive. The Humane Society closes at 5. At 5 pm we were still a mile away, and it took us another 20 mins to get to the door. *cries* so no kitty tonite; they were closed.

So we get to brave the blizzard tomorrow to go get him.

Yay!!

We braved the blizzard, poor visibility and unplowed roads, and went n got our kitty today :)

He is a LOVE! Big moosh cat; follows us around the house already, has claimed the kitchen as his favorite room, and won't eat unless we're petting him LOL

Here is is loving up the hubby (more pics at http://www.myaquaria.com/gallery/album01 ):

What a sweetie. Congrats on your new pet. We have five kitties (three from a shelter and two who found us) two dogs (shelter mutts) and all these fish, which three of the cats really consider to be theirs. Each one has staked out a tank to watch, and takes the responsibility very seriously.

Heh, he's already inspected the tanks; gets up on his back legs, puts his front paws up against the glass and peers at the fish. So far everyone has ignored him except for the breeding angels who were rushing his face LOL

He's also a big TV watcher; apparently MTV/VH1 are VERY interesting.

No name yet. The Humane Society was calling him Onyx, but we will rename him once the right name appears. All my cats have been named after US states (Jersey, Dakota, etc), but we're thinking, since I married a Brit, that we'll name him after a UK county. I'm liking Cheshire and Worcestershire LOL but decided Middlesex was probably not a good name ;)

You'll have to go online to one of the pet sites that sell cat videos. I got one for mine (natch I can't remember the name right now) that has closeups of bugs, birds, squirrels, etc. They LOVE it! Swat the screen, go behind to catch the critters.

I'd guess you'd say I'm easily amused. . .

Hi Allivymar,
I think Cheshire is a good name! It is a good "cat" name, and it meets your criteria for naming the cat after a county in the UK!

Middlesex is actually the name of a township near me! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom