The Cat In The Hat Fishbowl....another "Nemo" Craz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cat In The Hat Fishbowl - Doable for Child or Dead Fish for Child?

• Doable for Child

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dead Fish for Child

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
(sighs).....

And so it starts again. I was in the lfs today and I saw the Cat In The Hat Fishbowl. It's a replica of the fishbowl in the movie. I opened up one of the boxes to take a peak....and I do have to give them credit. They had a little piece of paper in there that said to do a 25% water change weekly to ensure you fishe's health. For a fishbowl, I thnk it should definitly be more.

Does this whole marketing craze drive anyone else nuts? I mean, toys are one thing, but something to hold live animals is another! You can't give a kid a tiny bowl with some decorations, and a fish and expect the thing to live long!

What do you guys think?

I KNEW this was going to happen the first day I saw the CITH commercials :(

I wonder how many kids are going to ignore the fish completely when they discover they don't talk.

Well MINE do, but we try to keep that hush hush; otherwise EVERYONE will want one and then there would we be? Imagine the noise pollution: 24 hours a day of "Feed me? Feed me! I've never eaten before! I'm starving! No one feeds me here!" pouring out of thousands of homes...

My first "tank" was the spongebob squarepants 2 gallon special...in which I put in 2 goldies, on the advice of my friendly chain pet store clerk.

They survived, and heck, now I'm a Aq Advice semi-regular! Perhaps not all of the themed tanks are horrible...they can lead to a love of fish keeping!

(besides....if it isn't nemo, think of all the easter bunnies and 101 dalmations that probably ended up in the pound...it's epidemic)

I went to Wally World last night to pick up some stuff for my artemia tank and my zooplankon tank, and saw some thanksgiving themed fish in the tanks, it was aggravating... "Mayflower tetra" and the "Stuffed turkey Molly" can you believe that??

Have we no scruples, oh Sam Walton's irritating promotional staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom