Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

The "Fish" literal Nightmare

You know the one I'm talking about.

It's the one where you keep having fish die on you. Somehow you've let tank maintenance fall by the wayside and you come home to dead fish.

You try, but you can't save them fast enough. There're too many or just not enough time. Often there are people, friends or family, watching you fail to care for your livestock.

Embarrassed, you pitifully explain that you don't know how this happened and scoop another casualty out of the tank. They point out that the fish in a different tank don't look so good either.

What other tank? Where did that one come from? How did you let it get so overrun with algae? Please don't let those fish die, too! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?

And then you wake up.

Happens to me maybe once a month or so. How about y'all?

Old 05-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That's rough!
What other tank? Where did that one come from? How did you let it get so overrun with algae? Please don't let those fish die, too! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?
That's scary!
How are things going in your tank?
Hoping this is all in good fun!

Old 05-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have had two nightmares like that in the last month where I woke up and all of my fish were dead I feel you, that dream sucks!!!

My interest in all hobbies (including fishkeeping) waxes and wanes but even when I am in a lull I still do my weekly WC and take care of them, so hopefully that will never happen! A lull for me just means that the plants don't get trimmed and I stop spending money on fish stuff all the time
Old 05-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

When I set up my first tank 4 years ago my lfs said the way to avoid most problems is to do weekly water changes. In those 4 years I missed only one water change because I had back surgery. I really believe regular water changes can help avoid many problems. I rarely lose a fish.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine always involves my angel eating to the point where he kills himself

Tags
fish, night

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com