The Fluval 500 Series is coming!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
A friend of mine just got back from the big Hagen show in Niagara, and he was able to preview the new Fluval 500 series canisters....apparently the largest is almost the size of a 5 gallon bucket and has a flow-rate of around 900gph! At that size it must be rated for 750-1000G aquariums. I can't wait to try one! Not sure of the release date, though.

No photo, I am afraid....maybe there will be something in the next Hagen newsletter that I can scan.

I think that these new Fluvals will likely be quite good....Hagen is aware of the loss of status the 400 series took, and I suspect that they have worked out all the bugs from the 400 series as well.

Another tidbit that I forgot....apparently the new Fluvals will be self-priming.

I have this so far:

For aquariums of up to 1.500 litres (400G).

Pump performance 2.300 litres/600G (3.500 litres/921G - without load) per hour. 5.9 litres/1.54G of filtering volume. Innovative lift-out stack of media baskets for optimum access and easy changing of the filter media. By means of the two T-handles you can easily lift and take apart the fIlter baskets. Multi-stage Filtration with 3-step mechanical filtration. 3 media compartments for flexibility and multiple filter media arrangements. SmartPump(tm) technology Designed for reliable filtration in a finely adjusted aquarium environment, the SmartPump(tm) technology is equipped with a microchip which permanently monitors the pump. Speed and efficiency of the magnetic impeller are constantly monitored in order to guarantee a powerful water flow and highest energy efficiency. Self-Priming (Plug & Start) Just add water and plug in. Fluval SmartPump technology will do the rest. No need for manual siphoning. AquaStop valves feature Click-Fit technology for fast setup and leak-proof maintenance. Valves rotate and are at 45 degree angle for easy positioning. Multi-functional rim connector fits most aquarium designs, clog-proof strainer, heavy duty anti-clogging strainer assures continuous flow.

Two multi-directional output valves, twin output nozzles can be adjusted to create specifc water flow. Purge valve for easy maintenance and flushing of the canister Automatic water change function. No need to carry buckets of water. Just attach appropriate hose to the output and the FX5 Smart Pump technology will do the rest. Rim connector: New, robust rim connector that the hoses cannot slip off.

Retail is supposed to be in the $400 US range.

Attachments

• real-box_ekm_252x300_ekm__1_.jpeg
    real-box_ekm_252x300_ekm__1_.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 85
Wow... Thanks a lot for the awesome update, Toirtis!!!! I might have to pick up one of these for when my monsters get bigger. lol Replace one of my xp3's and move one of them to another tank. Wait for other people to pick one up. I believe these will be very popular with larger tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom