The fruits of 1st Period math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering about what yall do (( did.. hehe.. )) during an exceptionally boring class... I mean yeah you could actually pay attention and do your work... then again you can also pay attention and watch your brain bleed...

Attachments

• rachelpic1.jpg
    rachelpic1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 102
Well...actually, I didn't pay that much attention in math. But, the end result of that was that, later in life when I realized that I actually needed those skills, I had to go back and learn it on my own. Trust me, it's a lot harder to "get" once you've become an old buzzard like me. I think most of us have "blown off" a class once in a while. Only thing is, it may come back to bite you later 8O .

In college I used to count the tiles in the ceiling. In one lecture hall I BELIEVE, if my memory serves me correct, it has 273 Tiles. Another one had 185 chairs. Another had 148 cement blocks on the front wall. Then at finals I wished I had paid attention. I've only been out of school for 3 months and it feels like forever.

I agree with everyone else. Sitting through lectures now is sometimes like pure torture. I actually went for a while where I spent more ink doodling on paper than actually taking notes. Come exam time though, man I wish I woulda paid attention those times. :wink:

BTW, great picture. My artistic abilities come to a screeching halt at the stick figure man. And even it looks like crap.

I took Calculus in high school (talk about boring math) and we all were assigned these Hewlett Packard graphing calculators to use for class. Well, the calculators had an infrared port on the top of them, and when class got too boring I would sit there and pass notes with friends back and forth on the calculators. The wireless port made it really easy to not get caught. :twisted: God, I have no idea how I came out of there with a B.

In college, of course, it's much easier to not pay attention; you can always just skip class. Usually comes back to bite you in the butt later though. :roll: I got that mostly out of my system the first couple of semesters.

though i get good grades enough, i don't know of one class where i don't draw during it. in high school or in college. stupid doddles but i do it all the time. bad habit.

I'm a morning type person so I tried to take all the classes I liked, yes Math, early in the day, so that later in the day when I day dreamed I wouldn't miss anything like economics and US government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom