Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLStevens View Post
Ya my apologies. They were indeed dead. For some reason I misread and though my they were the new ones in the bag then my blinded anger just took over. My bad opps!
Might want to slow down next time :P

Old 01-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
This whole post is disturbing. I don't usually voice my opinions when I have nothing nice to say but this is awful. Your carefree attitude of "oh well there goes 3 free fish" is appalling and on top of it who lets their kids smash live animals to death you wouldn't be so carefree if they were kittens in that bag. I'm so over people not treating fish lives as equal to any other animal.

I guess that's just the vegan in me, but geesh. If you are going to own lives be responsible. Please. I'm not entirely sure why you would think to post this on such a fish advocate support group.

Sorry if I sound harsh but some people need a wake up call. I get that in this hobby mistakes are made and fish die or get sick, but to have them literally smashed for no reason is quite different.
For one.. The fish were dead. The tank was once an on going tank.. I had to tear it down because of a complete snail overhaul. I got Tetras to go in it with my Betta and ADFs. I have an easier time cycling because I have well water fed from an underground stream.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I did my research, and assumed that they would be fine in the earlier stages of fish-in cycling considering that it had been a few days since the tank was already up housing a Betta and 2 ADFs.

I honestly didn't think that after telling my son 'don't touch the dead fish in the bag, we have to take them back so we can get new ones' he was gonna turn around and smash them with a PLAY Hammer. He knows not to play on the fish tank..

It was more along the lines posted to see if I was the only person something along the lines of this has ever happened. I've seen where parents with kids thought it was a good idea to drop their toys inside the tank for the fish.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Might want to slow down next time :P

Ya... That's an understatement lol all I envisioned was this Sid like character from toy story banging fish heads in lol many apologies... This is why I never pipe in haha learned my lesson
Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Ya... That's an understatement lol all I envisioned was this Sid like character from toy story banging fish heads in lol many apologies... This is why I never pipe in haha learned my lesson
lol- It's okay.
I think those fish weren't a good bunch anyways.. I stopped in to get some Frog food and the kids always want to look at the fish. Half of their wall had signs on the tank saying they were treating the tanks and the fish inside w. signs on them could not be bought.
I posted about it in another thread. I'm SUPER PO'ed about it because I lost my Male Betta I got as a baby, this morning.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

kid/fish

I don't have kids but cats. Making water change, cat did'nt know the lid was up and in he went. omg! that was quite something
Old 01-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh man. My son is 18 months and he is like obsessed with the water changer and gravel vacs. He runs around with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a 3 year old an an 18 month old. I do water changes when they in bed. They help with feeding and that's it. They know not to touch the tank as will 'scare the fish'

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 01-29-2015, 07:07 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristormey View Post
I don't have kids but cats. Making water change, cat did'nt know the lid was up and in he went. omg! that was quite something

This made my afternoon 😂 my cat will sit on a chair by my 45g and watch and paw at my dojo loach and she gets frustrated because she can't get him lol this is any every day thing

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish
Old 01-29-2015, 07:18 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
This made my afternoon �� my cat will sit on a chair by my 45g and watch and paw at my dojo loach and she gets frustrated because she can't get him lol this is any every day thing

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish
At 24 sec the cat gets it

Tags
chi, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com