The Local Fish Store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
today i saved another couple and about 10 fish on thier way home with a 55 starter kit and certain death,, gave em my cell# and this web site, my day is complete

I spend way too much time(and money) in our lfs, almost daily in fact, because I work there :p Well for the next couple weeks anyway, I'm transfering to our warehouse where I'll be netting, bagging, and shipping fish :)

Hard for me to believe but I haven't been to an lfs in months. :( Being a member of the GCAS, I get all my non discus fish, and plants at their meetings at ridiculous prices.

Just another reason for all of you to think about joining a local aquarium club.

I used to go in at least twice a week - always something I needed, or fish I wanted (at least to look at them).

Now, I've only been going in once in awhile - I'm looking for a couple specific fish but stock doesn't change very often around here. As soon as I get more familiar with the LFSs in my new neighbourhood, I'll be a regular fixture!

I go to my LFS every day and spend at least 10 hours there, it is very rare for me to go to any other store. I do have a couple of friends that own stores so some times i go there.

I want to ask my LFS how many triggerfish I need to buy for a BBQ for 10. LOL that should be interesting. I'll update you guys on what happens.

(I'm seriously going to ask them)

I go to my LFS every so often to get food and filter media. I spend time looking at there show tanks and all the salt/fresh water fish.

I just like going to LFS for the sake of looking at what's available, comparing prices, and just looking at stuff!

I love it. I'm addicted. ...Now all I need is a faster pair of chevro-legs to get me there!

I was shipping some fish today and since I was nervous about this particular shipment I took it to my favorite LFS, and they very cheerfully helped me bag each batch and they injected O2 into each bag for me - that put my mind at ease a little. They did not charge me a cent for it, so I bought some worms and stuff to ease my guilt, LOL.

Everyone should support their LFS, and utilize their resources when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom