The most annoying thing in this hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curing over 300lbs of driftwood and realizing half of it isn't even usable.... Trying to do an overhaul of epic proportions now that I've got most of my stock and they are growing at a good pace, unlike Gino, my oscar, who is now the meanest hand biting oscar I've ever owned.... But he cuddles in my hand and gives me kisses....

Curing over 300lbs of driftwood and realizing half of it isn't even usable.... Trying to do an overhaul of epic proportions now that I've got most of my stock and they are growing at a good pace, unlike Gino, my oscar, who is now the meanest hand biting oscar I've ever owned.... But he cuddles in my hand and gives me kisses....

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that much driftwood?

Lol, collected it from the brooks and overflow paths in my acres and acres of property in a mountain valley area while exploring it

People that want to rehome a fish that will outgrown their tank. And Black Brush Algae... Fighting it right now

People that want to rehome a fish that will outgrown their tank. And Black Brush Algae... Fighting it right now

I Agree with the bba issue- I'm so sick of it rearing its ugly head!!
But I think it's more responsible to rehome a fish that you know would be better off in a larger tank than keep it anyway and stunt its growth and make it unhappy.

I Agree with the bba issue- I'm so sick of it rearing its ugly head!!
But I think it's more responsible to rehome a fish that you know would be better off in a larger tank than keep it anyway and stunt its growth and make it unhappy.

I probably said it wrong... I don't like people that buy fish that they know will outgrow their tank.

I probably said it wrong... I don't like people that buy fish that they know will outgrow their tank.

If you have an established larger tank you want to grow a monster into, though, this irks me- when you say you have 10 10g qt tanks when buying a total of 6 rams, an eartheater and school of 10 baby blue longfinned danios- all fish were babies, none over an inch, to handle the separate species for the first 2 weeks until they start to stabilize and I get a feeling for them before I introduce them to my 90g and 150g tanks...
All this 'fish snob' heard was 10g and immediately jumped down my throat about how my eartheater was gonna die stunted because of lack of space... I wasn't even talking to him, I was talking to the employee, who did hear me mention it was a quarantine/ growth situation. She was laughing when I asked him if an inch long eartheater would stand a chance in a 150g with a 7+ inch oscar and 3 sd pacu with a or be grown to 4 inches in a 10g moved up to a semi aggressive 90g and finally perma home in my 150g....

Waiting 6 weeks for a reef ready custom acrylic tank gets me all the time cant believe it takes that long whether it be a 100 gallon or 500 gallon everything is six wk wait. Tortures me lol

Waiting 6 weeks for a reef ready custom acrylic tank gets me all the time cant believe it takes that long whether it be a 100 gallon or 500 gallon everything is six wk wait. Tortures me lol

Omg, I hear you... Then the waiting for the tank to cycle... But you gotta admit with the variety of life available in a reef tank doing research can make that time go by pretty fast!!

How is she with water changes? Also, is local pick up a possibility? It would be cheaper for me to drive to pick her up rather than shipped.

That made me laugh, haha. She doesn't understand why I do water changes either, but she's learning. Local pick up is a possibility considering your location.

Back
Top Bottom