The most exciting thing that has ever happened in your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is the thing that has happened in your tank that has been the most exciting?

Well after asking this question I have to say that two things are pretty even on my list.

The day my clown went into the anemone was so awesome. It was so cool, to watch it go inside, lay, and swim around in there, as well as feed it.

The next thing was when my cleaner shrimp had babies. It was awesome to see all those little shrimp babies swimming around. What hurt was knowing that the lfs get's $30 bucks a pop for them, and I had over 100 and knowing there was no way to keep them alive...sigh.... :D

Well let's hear it! :wink:

ok, well, I don't think I have had anything exciting happen in my tanks, lol. The only babies would be the guppys - and that happens all the time.

So, I will have to go with - during a water change, a killifish jumped out of the tank and was in a dusty corner ditch inbetween the wall and molding for 15 minutes before we realized he was missing. I picked him up, de-linted him and put him back in - he survived the ordeal and was back to his old self in no time!

Hmmm........must be the fight between my two albino plecos. Lasted half an hour. They swam next to eachother, head to head, 'boxed' eachother with their spiked gills, got them tangled up. They also tried to suck eachothers eyes or skin off. Didn't work though :p
And now they are being nice again :)

The fact that I have the smartest (and most spoiled) urchin in the world. :lol:
My black longspine will come up to the "right hand corner" (every time) when he is hungry and wait until I give him a nori strip, he'll wait all day if he has to, he is very paitent. Next I'm going to try and teach him to roll over, since he already begs. :lol: OK, maybe not that exciting. :wink:
The day my cleaner shrimp first jumped on my arm and stated cleaning it. I was just working in the tank when he jumped on and started picking away...freaked me out. 8O

I watched a giant bristleworm peek out and eat an entire mysis shrimp whole. The entire sysmbiotic relationship between the clown and anemone is interesting to witness, IMO.

Oh, we just happened to be watching as our giant hermit crab decided it was time to change shells. He took his own sweet time lining everything up and in a matter of a second, slid from his old into the new. It was still exciting to watch. Now my girlfriend buys him new, larger shells everytime we're at the LFS.

It was when I was peering into the Mbuna tank and there was a tiny fish!! The fish was the sole survivor of a spawning we hadn't realized had even happened!

It was when my largest angelfish started to breed. not only was this a fluke getting a full sized adult male and female but it is even better that they just love to be together and get the other evil doers in the tank.

I would have to say my Cobalt Blue Lobster molting, my trapdoor snails having babies, even though the lobster has a field day when they do, and the fact that I have a female and male betta in the same tank and they get along great.

Watching my fish swim up to the cleaner shrimp the first time and get cleaned.......especially inside their mouths....very cool.

Jim

Seeing my bettas, Benny and Kenny (now in fishy heaven) get all excited over their first real plants, java moss and cryptocoryne. Kenny was even so excited about his java moss that he sat in my hand a few times when I put it back after a water change -- he wanted to sit in it and he wasn't going to let my hand get in the way!

Also, seeing my pitbull pleco eating his first veggies -- he was throwing gravel around when I dropped in a pea. He just threw the pea aside too, then he realized what it was and did a complete turn to get it. It was like the little lightbulb went off over his head!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom