The NHL is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so annoyed/angry that words cannot describe how I am feeling.
:nono: NHL! I want to take Gary Bettman by his :butt: and toss him into :microwave: Once he's cooked, :eating: to a pack of wild :cat: :cat:. Whatever is left I will :drain: Then I will :grab: the owners by their big fat :BIG: and line then up. The fans that are drowning their sorrows in :drinking: will be able to :bad-words: right to the owner's :| :| (<-- read as "faces"). Additionally, I will :agrue: with the players. "See all the :puppydogeyes: :sorry: that are now :bawl:?" The players need to put down their :king: before I persoanlly :whip: them into shape. Finally, a few words for Lou Lamoriello and the :devilish: :devilish:. What the :censor: are you doing??? There is no season and you announce you're moving the team to Newark??? :splat: Just because it's near a :tgv:?? Who's :bulb: was that?? :tongue: JERKS!
I had better get off the :soap: and :zip: before I pull out :ninja: and go :onfire:. Luckily for everyone around here, there aren't enough :uzi:, :2gunfire:, :rocket:, :shotgun:, :gangsta:, or :snipersmile: in all of Canada to raise some :band:. Now I'm all :shocked!: and may never get to :sleeping:. I just want to :slurp: and spit back the NHL. Trevor said I had better :taped: and get to :zzz: or I will be all :jump: tomorrow. :peace:

Well, Menagerie, words couldn't describe how you were feeing but your icons sure did! I feel bad for you, and for all the fans, who were upset by the strike all season.

Menagerie - That was good....

I work for a minor league hockey team and these guys are still playing and playing well. We have NHL players on our team who didnt want to sit out and wait for the season start so they came to play for us because they love the game. Those are the type of players that should be filling the NHL ranks. There are a couple hundred more players that went over to Europe to play, not because they needed the money, but because they wanted to play the game.

Bring on the scabs!!! Hell Ill play for $50,000 a year I dont need $5 million

The NHL is really playing with fire - it simply doesn't have the fan base to withstand fan backlash and/or apathy when and if it returns next season. If it were not for northern retirees living in the southern US, I think the NHL would have folded up years ago. But guess what - these retirees also like watching professional golf and NASCAR - two spectator events that have the most to gain from this lost season. I'll bet lots of corporate sponsors are already rethinking how they'll spend their advertising dollars next year. :?

re

webmoose said:
DodgeRT Do you know Brent Thompson?

Moose

Moose, yep sure do. Talked to him a couple times when he was the Captain for Hershey. Seemed like a nice guy.

There's a fine line between hockey and watching people skate around in circles - especially when the final score is 1-0.

The Chicago Wolves are in their relative infancy and are probably more popular in Chicago than the Blackhawks.

Why is everyone so ticked at Bettman? It ain't his fault (in truth), put the blame where it truly belongs, the players, the NHLPA, and Bob Goodenow.

it simply doesn't have the fan base to withstand fan backlash
in the US no, it doesn't ... however in Canada it has more fans then you would believe.
I'll bet lots of corporate sponsors are already rethinking how they'll spend their advertising dollars next year.
well ... truth be told. I don't know about the states, but up here in Canada, we had commercials from Nike, Beer companies etc... with one message "Bring Hockey Back!!"

I agree that Hockey is not big in the southern states and that hockey is a back burner sport in the states as compared to baseball and football but you know, that is the states. Solution: get hockey out of the southern states and put the teams up in Canada.

the NHLPA needs to get off its high horse. no player is worth millions upon millions of dollars (except for a few exceptional players!). All these players want is more money. It is greed driving the NHLPA not the love of the game.

well its saturday afternoon and they have the nhl on lifesupport.... hehe

Moose

Maybe it was just wishful thinking.. I think I would fall for it at least 3 more times...... :oops:

Come on Moose, they could cry wolf for the rest of the season and we would both be at the edge of our seats!

Ya I am still at the edge of my seat.. waiting for the game to start....

Moose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom