Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-17-2005, 01:45 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
I am so annoyed/angry that words cannot describe how I am feeling.
NHL! I want to take Gary Bettman by his :butt: and toss him into Once he's cooked, to a pack of wild . Whatever is left I will Then I will the owners by their big fat and line then up. The fans that are drowning their sorrows in will be able to right to the owner's :| :| (<-- read as "faces"). Additionally, I will with the players. "See all the that are now ?" The players need to put down their before I persoanlly them into shape. Finally, a few words for Lou Lamoriello and the . What the :censor: are you doing??? There is no season and you announce you're moving the team to Newark??? Just because it's near a ?? Who's was that?? JERKS!
I had better get off the and before I pull out and go . Luckily for everyone around here, there aren't enough , , , , , or in all of Canada to raise some . Now I'm all and may never get to . I just want to and spit back the NHL. Trevor said I had better and get to or I will be all tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:57 AM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Well, Menagerie, words couldn't describe how you were feeing but your icons sure did! I feel bad for you, and for all the fans, who were upset by the strike all season.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Menagerie - I couldn't have said it better myself! Great post and I know how you feel.

Old 02-17-2005, 04:22 AM   #24
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
L'hockey est mort....vive la pĂŞche!
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 02-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist
Menagerie - That was good....

I work for a minor league hockey team and these guys are still playing and playing well. We have NHL players on our team who didnt want to sit out and wait for the season start so they came to play for us because they love the game. Those are the type of players that should be filling the NHL ranks. There are a couple hundred more players that went over to Europe to play, not because they needed the money, but because they wanted to play the game.

Bring on the scabs!!! Hell Ill play for $50,000 a year I dont need $5 million
Old 02-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak
Heck I'll play for 30,000. Just need to learn to skate though.lol
80 gallon FW:3 clown loaches, 2 angels, bloodfin tetras and 1 albino BN pleco,1 Farlowella.
46 gallon FW: kuhli loaches, otos, black neon and black phantom tetras, 3 pitbull plecos.
50 gallon SW: 1 green spotted puffer
Old 02-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
DodgeRT Do you know Brent Thompson?

58 gallon Community Planted - 4 boesmani / 1 praecox rainbow, 3 giant danios, 1 clown / 1 albino pl*co, 1 bronze / 2 albino cories, cherry barbs, sunset platy's, cardinal tetras

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Old 02-17-2005, 10:47 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
The NHL is really playing with fire - it simply doesn't have the fan base to withstand fan backlash and/or apathy when and if it returns next season. If it were not for northern retirees living in the southern US, I think the NHL would have folded up years ago. But guess what - these retirees also like watching professional golf and NASCAR - two spectator events that have the most to gain from this lost season. I'll bet lots of corporate sponsors are already rethinking how they'll spend their advertising dollars next year.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:59 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

Originally Posted by webmoose
DodgeRT Do you know Brent Thompson?

Moose, yep sure do. Talked to him a couple times when he was the Captain for Hershey. Seemed like a nice guy.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic
There's a fine line between hockey and watching people skate around in circles - especially when the final score is 1-0.

The Chicago Wolves are in their relative infancy and are probably more popular in Chicago than the Blackhawks.

We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet, and the morals that they worshipped will be gone.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com