The plan according to Robin Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChileRelleno

Aquarium Advice Addict
This sounds like a winner to me!

Robin Williams, wears a shirt that says "I love New York" in
Arabic.

Leave it to him to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is
for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a
plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in
their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin,
Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those "good 'ole'
boys", we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting
with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They
don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one
allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
leave.We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder
will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or
where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90
days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation
will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself
and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We
don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the
bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back
home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy
wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but
will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness
The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel
for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can
go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the
wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world,
we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for
seeds,rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we
give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need
it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We
don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the
building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal
aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no
one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is
ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your tired, your
poor, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's
yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

i certainly don't mean to be critical of anyone's frustration regarding the shape of the world today, particularly how the world regards our great country. but i have this to say about this "plan"...
where is the compassion? where are the principals that our country was founded on? this "plan" is no solution. it's a surefire way to end up living in a crater when the rest of the world decides we're acting like a bunch of smart-a**ed, spoiled brats. let's not forget that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. to shut ourselves of from the world is to ignore the very calling of our country. we are a country compromised mostly of christians, so where is the acceptance of those less fortunate and less educated than us? just because someone has a different opinion or belief doesn't mean we should shut them out. the most profound rule that jesus tought (and wether you're a christian or not, it's hard to argue with the message) was "treat others as you want to be treated".
i say that should be our plan.

justrelax said:
we are a country compromised mostly of christians,

Who say's?? We are a country founded on Christianity but there is no way in this day in age our country is COMPOSED of mostly Christians.

justrelax said:
so where is the acceptance of those less fortunate and less educated than us? just because someone has a different opinion or belief doesn't mean we should shut them out.

Also doesn't mean we should let them in!

justrelax said:
the most profound rule that jesus tought (and wether you're a christian or not, it's hard to argue with the message) was "treat others as you want to be treated". i say that should be our plan.

If that is our "plan" then should we expect for instance North Korea to come into our country and dictate how our goverment should be ran and what our religous beliefs should consist of ... because that is exactly what we are doing at this very moment in Iraq!

This is a cautionary statement reminding people to keep civil......I see this easily heading to a bad place.

but there is no way in this day in age our country is COMPOSED of mostly Christians.

Dictionary.com said:
most·ly Audio pronunciation of "mostly" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mstl)
adv.

1. For the greatest part; mainly.
2. Generally; usually.

That simply means there is more Christians than any other faith or lack thereof. Go onto the street and do a straw poll...I'd be willing to bet you there are more christians than anything else. That does not say any other faith should have less of a voice, simply there are more christians than anything else.

According to the 2001 American Religious Identity Survey (ARIS), 76.5% of United States residents, or 159 million people, identify themselves as Christians; 13.2% or 27.5 million identify as non-religious or secular. Other faiths represented include the 1.3% (or 2.8 million) of U.S. people who identify themselves as Jewish; 0.5% (1 million) who identify themselves as Muslim; 0.5% (1 million) who identify themselves as Buddhists; 0.5% (991,000) who identify as agnostic; 0.4% (902,000) who identify as atheist; 0.4% (766,000) identify as Hindu; and 0.3% (629,000) who identify as Unitarian Universalist.

Perhaps you should research before you start typing ;)

I'm not sure why this thread has taken this kind of turn, the OP posted an email that has been going around for quite some time and is a joke, it's meant to be funny, if you do not find it funny, fine, move on, do not use it as a venue to spout your political and religeous beliefs.

boy, i've never understood how anyone could be so offended by the idea of acceptance. and for the record, i wasn't trying to write policy or defend everything our government does. there are lots of things i don't agree with that our government does, and i'm not trying to excuse those things in the name of my religion. i'm simply saying that maybe sarcasm and ill-mannerisms are not the way to fix the state of things.
i'm not trying to debate the war in iraq, but maybe if you are jermz, you should look up the meaning of the word dictate because it's a far cry from your implied meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom