Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyhorse View Post
All my tanks are downstairs, that's my parents rule. As long as I keep the humidity down somehow, keep things clean, pay for the majority of stuff myself, and keep up with school and my chores, my parents are okay. They're letting me set a 55 gallon saltwater tank up
My mom's rule was one 10 gallon in my room and that was it. I wish I could have done a 55 back then. She always complained about my having tanks after I moved out, too. Thought that caring for a 20, a 5, and later a 30 would distract me from my studies in college. However after I graduated with a 3.7 GPA she helped me go pick up my 56 gallon last summer. Good thing, too, since it was in the town she lives in, my car was out of commission at the time, and even if it ran I couldn't have fit the thing into my car! I had trouble getting the 30 home in it! But it was a great Craigslist find and she couldn't argue with me spending less than I had on pretty much any of my other tanks.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _skyla_ View Post
Haha the joys of children looks like my house my child has a toy shop I swear! Yep well it has to be kept somewhere just not in the laundry in your case haha
The joys of an empty nest!!!!! Mine just left for Okinawa, so his room is now ALL MINE!!! MwaHaHaHa...

Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I think 2 tanks of any type is about my limit. I get the stink eye every time I tinker with one of them. I think she likes the tanks. She would probably like them less if she knew how much they cost. But, I think we both know she is better off not knowing... she never asks
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
I think 2 tanks of any type is about my limit. I get the stink eye every time I tinker with one of them. I think she likes the tanks. She would probably like them less if she knew how much they cost. But, I think we both know she is better off not knowing... she never asks
Yah, I think if he kept track of how much I've put into all of them he might go a little crazy. I peeled the price stickers off of all the cups my female Bettas came in when I went and got six of them a few weeks ago. No, honey, I didn't just spend $40 on more fish after spending $70 to get one imported from Thailand...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
Hahaha, agreed! I never buy my fish stuff with the credit card....no evidence!! Also, I like to point out to my husband if I had a fish room my clutter would be confined to one space....he doesn't feel this is a good enough reason to move house, change the kids school etc. What is wrong with him???
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

My husband and I just got into a small argument last night about me getting a 5 gallon. He did not have to invest any money into it and neither did I, my father bought it for me as a another birthday gift, plus he had a coupon he wants to use.

Anyways all is well now, hopefully going to get it set up on Friday when I don't have class, it's just a small 5 gallon. He keeps asking were I'm going to put it because we are somewhat limited on room and I know that is part of the issue. Our house is full of clutter, and John Deere tractors. My 4 year old has a slight obsession with them. I think the metal ones hurt worse than a lego to step on.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Mine was today when she found out how much a single male apisto is gonna run me lol but its within my fish budget sooo...ha lol
Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

My suggestions of a tank in the family room or living room were vetoed long ago. Right now there is one in the office and most recently the bedroom. Of course it had to be deadly silent and with a nice stand to hide the "unsightly" stuff. I have been doing water testing in the master bathroom and she said it looked like a chemistry lab. Kids rooms are off limits because teenage boys are not know for their neatness "Smells like a locker room in here".
Of course it does not hurt when I say "hey honey let's go to Michael's" ( so I can look for manzanita DW)
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer I just got home with a beautiful cedar lined chest from goodwill (60$) to setup my 40 breeder on to hold the fish from my 60g while I get the drain and stand figured out like I should have long before I put fish in it. I'll edit in a pic after I figure out how to get it upstairs like a ninja. The breeder is still hide in garage, she asked how big it was and I just said this tank is a 60 gallon so it's about 2/3 the size, really it looks huge.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think it's gorgeous, the inside is, the outside is stained too dark for me but the whole top appears to be one solid slab of cedar I'm going to use it now then maybe later I can refinish it with just clear to show of the natural colors. It had 4 casters that are now removed, only bad thing is the top is hinged with all sides being solid, I'll get no in stand storage, I still like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2244349702.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	167179

Tags
eye

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com