Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

The stink eye.

How far did "they" let you take it before you got "Another what....No no NO more tanks, no I don't care." Tonight was mine, I think the RO filter and like 3 or 4 buckets in "her" laundry room did it and I use the laundry room sink cause it's nice and deep, a 5 gallon fits under with room, I do end up with some crap spread out. I think my wife just had enough for a little bit, a 29g in the upstairs bathroom a 60g in the living room (that I must add is really really quite for the amount of water moving) but thats beside the point. I brought up that we have fry now and it will probably happen more and maybe we should start a small coral tank. You know the serious voice "Maybe you should move to the basement with the fish"
It is a cement floor with drains so maybe

Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLocked View Post
How far did "they" let you take it before you got "Another what....No no NO more tanks, no I don't care." Tonight was mine, I think the RO filter and like 3 or 4 buckets in "her" laundry room did it and I use the laundry room sink cause it's nice and deep, a 5 gallon fits under with room, I do end up with some crap spread out. I think my wife just had enough for a little bit, a 29g in the upstairs bathroom a 60g in the living room (that I must add is really really quite for the amount of water moving) but thats beside the point. I brought up that we have fry now and it will probably happen more and maybe we should start a small coral tank. You know the serious voice "Maybe you should move to the basement with the fish"
It is a cement floor with drains so maybe
I've made it to 5 tanks running and two more waiting to be set up and he hasn't told me to stop yet! I guess I'm lucky, he loves the fish. Plus he doesn't have to do any of the work, although he is happy to help haul buckets when needed. Although I have a water changer for the big tanks now so he doesn't have to help out often. He didn't even flinch when I was talking about getting a Rubbermaid tub to grow out baby crayfish, in addition to the 7 tanks I will have running by the end of the month.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I don't think it's the actual tank or the fish, it's all the clutter I create in the process.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3831310911.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	166406

Today I was joking around and said I was off to pco to pick up a few tanks she said ok you got enough money. Guess it was just a small venting last night, Todays plan is clean up clutter and mount the RO under the sink.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I don't think it's the actual tank or the fish, it's all the clutter I create in the process.

Today I was joking around and said I was off to pco to pick up a few tanks and said ok you got enough money. Guess it was just a small venting last night, Todays plan is clean up clutter and mount the RO under the sink.
Yeah I love my fish but I'd have a spack attack at the clutter and stuff everywhere lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Having both FW & SW just compounds the issue.....
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by _skyla_ View Post

Yeah I love my fish but I'd have a spack attack at the clutter and stuff everywhere lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1349579786.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	166417

See compared to all the toys my tank looks out of place, I keep my tank and tank area clear but it's like Disney, somewhere that you can't see is a bunch of dirty "workings" of the magic. My backstage just happens to smash right into my wife's real work area. In case anyone was wondering, limiting washer access is what did it. We all good now
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha the joys of children looks like my house my child has a toy shop I swear! Yep well it has to be kept somewhere just not in the laundry in your case haha
Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Filter is under the sink, buckets also fit under the sink, all random build junk is gone, out of sight....
I just got home with 3 new tanks, that dollar sale got me. Picked up a 40g breeder (just to store for now) a 20g long to set up for fry, maybe spilt it up into a few ? and a 10g regular to build a sump for my 29g upstairs. She still loves me too.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Yeah, our hall bathroom is my disaster area. The tub has become home to all the buckets, and there is a residue of sand and plant particles in it. We don't use that tub, though, so he doesn't really mind. I'm in the process of turning a spare bedroom into something of a fish room, so there's a lot of fish clutter in there too, but it has actually improved since it was a junk room before.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

All my tanks are downstairs, that's my parents rule. As long as I keep the humidity down somehow, keep things clean, pay for the majority of stuff myself, and keep up with school and my chores, my parents are okay. They're letting me set a 55 gallon saltwater tank up

3, 20, 25, 33 Gallon FW Tanks.....For Now

Scottyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eye

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com