Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to flipz
Originally Posted by deli_conker
Originally Posted by mattrox
That is useful. I will show that to my science and Math classes!
There is a book of it out there called "Powers of Ten". I saw it on amazon.com for $10, but it is the 6"x4", 152 pages version. I'm pretty sure that the one I saw a while back had much larger dimensions...
"The original concept underlying this tutorial was advanced by Dutch engineer and educator Kees Boeke, who first utilized powers to aid in visualization of large numbers in a 1957 publication entitled "Cosmic View, the Universe in 40 Jumps"."

1 used for $210. 8O But maybe that's the book you saw, it's 48 pages.

Unfortunatly for me I've been loading this applet for almost 20 mins and the bar in it is just going back and forth... nothing has come up yet.

Come join the Ohio forum on AA!
Old 05-29-2005, 12:30 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Rsquared333 Send a message via MSN to Rsquared333 Send a message via Yahoo to Rsquared333
There was a movie a IMAX that had this same concept. Very interesting.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:01 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to spongeynip
i saw the powers of ten book, my grandma has it. It makes an atom seem so small...
Before you do it, remember, its only legal in 48 states...
Visit my site at spongeynip.sp.funpic.org/2.0.9/phpBB2
Old 05-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #14
That hurt my brain....
Ditto... kinda makes you think, were such a small part of the universe, God could have billions of "earth's" out there... what if were just an experiment in the vast universe? Ever watch MIB? lol
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com