Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Weirdest Thing!

I had just gotten done with drivers ed for the day and was going with my parents to pick up my sister from girl scouts. The place they were at was right next to Pet Land. I wander on over there to see if they had the plants that I wanted for my tank. They ended up having almost everything! I got wisteria (or maybe it's water sprite), banana plants, and hornwort. I got 5 plants all together.

Here come the weird part, I was getting the plants from the person that was working and explaining what I was doing with them, why I was buying them, and about my tanks. He had no clue about fish. Then he offered me a job on the spot!!! I soooooo wanted to take it because the aquariums there aren't the best and they need some one to help them. I might take the job once I get my licence, my parent's rule. And I have to keep up my grades... But in 5ish weeks the job will/might be mine!!!!

I found it a little odd for the job offer. But apparently the last person knew very very little and now they are in need of one Has this happened to anyone before?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is great news I am happy for you!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
That's great!! He must've been inpressed by your knowledge! Was it petlabd actually selling aquatics...or aquarium adventure? Because the petland by me is connected to aquarium adventure.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by George9
That's great!! He must've been inpressed by your knowledge! Was it petlabd actually selling aquatics...or aquarium adventure? Because the petland by me is connected to aquarium adventure.
No, it wasn't aquarium adventure (I'd love to work there). It was just Pet Land w/aquatics. Thanks! I'm super excited
Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai

No, it wasn't aquarium adventure (I'd love to work there). It was just Pet Land w/aquatics. Thanks! I'm super excited
That's what I thought...I didn't think aquarium adventure employees were that uneducated lol.

I hope you get the Job! The best part is, you won't dread going to work everyday because you get to work with fish! I don't know anyone who could hate fish
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by George9 View Post
That's what I thought...I didn't think aquarium adventure employees were that uneducated lol.

I hope you get the Job! The best part is, you won't dread going to work everyday because you get to work with fish! I don't know anyone who could hate fish
Yeah those people are very good at what they do. I've seen them educating people all the time. I hope I get it too! I would love working with fish. I love going to the zoo when I volunteer because I just LOVE working with the animals and helping the people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
That is great news I am happy for you!
Thanks! I'm so happy too!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

I like this "happy to find a job" post .......FOLLOW UP please!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Congratulations!!!! I am jealous, serious!

There will be people who just don't care, and people who will give you attitude, don't let them phase you, or your love for this hobby!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEBEANPOLE View Post
I like this "happy to find a job" post .......FOLLOW UP please!
If I get my way, I will! I like the happy to find a job thing as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnova View Post
Congratulations!!!! I am jealous, serious!

There will be people who just don't care, and people who will give you attitude, don't let them phase you, or your love for this hobby!
Haha, I'd be jealous too if this weren't me! I made myself promise that I wouldn't do/say anything stupid to the customers! I hope that this will enhance my love of the hobby! Plus I may end up with a few more tanks as well, maybe even my dream chi!!! Mom would be happy about that.... But thanks for the congrats!

I'll update when I know if I will be taking the job
Old 01-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds great, I wish you the best!!!!!

Tags
weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com