THEORETICAL What to do with three 55s?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
So theoretically, what should I do with a trio of fifty fives? No saltwater please.

Emerald76

Hmm...lots of options there. I would base one around angelfish, another around Barbus denisonii and the third be heavily planted with nothing but a giant shoal of cardinal tetras.

I was going to say

1) all based on apistos
2) demasonis (maybe start a breeding colony)
3) planted tank with huge school of rummynose

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol - wondering if a fish room can be thrown in?!
Not with just three 55s but they might go nice with the 12 new tanks I got today for hatching eggs and fry less than 30 days old ( and making a total of 30 tanks so far for the new hatchery :whistle:) Grow out vats/tanks are next so 55s might just work :brows: (y)

Man Andy you need a fish room thread!

Emerald76

Unfortunately, these tanks are just in a pile while I finish the building. There is no electric yet or interior walls or plumbing so there is nothing to show you. (unless you want to see a pile of tanks :lol: )
But the thread will come, in due time. I promise (y)

Unfortunately, these tanks are just in a pile while I finish the building. There is no electric yet or interior walls or plumbing so there is nothing to show you. (unless you want to see a pile of tanks :lol: )

But the thread will come, in due time. I promise (y)

Lol Andy. He saw my pile and is trying to convince the parents to let him swim across the great big pond and come scoop mine up. Looking forward to your build thread !!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Just something that's visually interesting yet all different.

Emerald76

Polypterus senegalus in one, set up a river manifold and fill it with hillstream/brookstream loaches, and Discus.

Different? How about a tank of western dollar sunfish and orangespotted sunfish with rainbow shiners.

From nanfa, western dollar
img_3058631_0_e5a6aa8f050e5c0aace111756b5c0aef.jpg

Orangespotted sunfish from ninnescahlife.witchita.edu
os(1).jpg

Rainbow shiner via nanfa.org
rainbow02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom