Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree Neilan. She took the time to find out that they eat their young. Maybe she was upset that she came home to all these hampsters and didn't know what to do with them. I don't think she asked a dumb question (in my book there is no such thing) just that she wanted to find a new home and was frustrated.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good point. I just think it's funny that someone would expect a pet store to take back baby hamsters like that. I guess if she had not been agitated about it, it would have been different.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I suppose it's like fish. When we have fish that we cna no longer care for (offspring from current fish) our lfs will take them off our hands. Some give us store credit. It's possible some pet stores would take other animals.

55 Gallon Community
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would never have thought to take fry back to a LFS. Don't they have certain restrictions as to who they get their fish from for quality reasons?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to Karegg
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatatonicBug View Post
I would never have thought to take fry back to a LFS. Don't they have certain restrictions as to who they get their fish from for quality reasons?
From what it sounds like and the few I've been to, I'd have to say most fish stores really aren't dead set on quality.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

The places that we take fish to are ones that we frequent on a regular basis. But we have taken fish to PetsMart and PetCo before for my mother in law. She purchased Bala Sharks for her 29 gal tank and had nowhere to take them.

55 Gallon Community
Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to blindskate
the fact that she asked me if she could jsut let the mom eat the babies disgusted me
Old 04-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

you think you deal with stupid people? try working in the automotive industry... but alas at least she attempted to save the babies from harm...
Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to blindskate
hahahaha. i will make another post about a completely awful fish question. ive never in my life...you all will look forward to this.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Blindskate, please start posting relevant things. This rantings are not really productive. I understand if you want to post about a bad call or a bad day, or useful information, but these are getting a little too much. I could post all day about the customers/co-workers/parents/friends/car problems/weather/gas prices/traffic/mean people/Annoying people/not so smart people and GRAMMAR, but this is not the place. I am not trying to be mean but you do work in a pet store and should be the one educating your customers. Look at all the threads about, "my LFS told me this" and the information was wrong, because the LFS/Pet store worker didn't care and only wanted to make fun of so-called "dumb questions". Be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Your customers call you for advice, not criticism or to snicker behind their backs. I find these inane posts to become quite boring and not helpful to this community at all.
I think you should take a look at your position and try to help the folks that are asking for your help....it makes me feel better when I can help some one, that's why the higher ups in this community keep me around.
So if your "next post" is similar, please refrain or at least put in a question form that other on this site can benefit from.....
OK, off my soapbox.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com