Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Fish
Wow I'm awful! I feel so guilty now after reading the few posts on this topic. All of you knid people telling them just how it is..me telling my toddlers my fish will think they're fingers are food. Their curiosity kept winning them over getting them to stick their hands in the tank, until I told them that! The plain truth wasn't enough to keep them out! The last straw was when my 2 year old put her swimming suit on and I busted her climbing into the tank! After that...what else was I to do?
Hahaha looks like u have a future Michael Phelps on your hands

Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
.....The last straw was when my 2 year old put her swimming suit on and I busted her climbing into the tank! After that...what else was I to do?
Hahahahaha!!! That is so funny and cute!!

I caught my son, 16 months, with his fingers in a tank for the first time last night. He's gotten too tall! Now I have to worry about him AND his sister! :/
My daughter, 3, has never put anything in the tank other then her fingers, thank goodness! I've had to resort to time outs. I think she's finally starting to understand. I do tell her putting her hands in the tank can make the fish sick.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

My 3 year old doesn't touch the tank or tap on the glass which is nice. She understands fishes die so when we remove them I let her say bye and she gives the fish a military salute before it goes off to Davy jones locker( she lives pirates of the carribean). Then I get the honor of being told I have to buy her new fish. She helps me feed them but she know not to touch the testing kits or the food unless I'm around and I'm proud of her. When she goes to bed she watches my ten gallon until she passes out so that's why I'm getting her her own tank for her new room.

I guess growing up fishing since I was 2 I feel at ease caring about my tanks and I enjoy taking her to the lfs with me. But she hates cichlids especially red devils since one rushed the glass when she got to close. Almost peed myself laughing. I think natural aquariums are better for infants then those fake cheapies plus who doesnt want to fall asleep to real music such as led Zeppelin or the smashing pumpkins. I always have porcelina if the vast oceans playing
Old 03-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcal01 View Post
Hahaha looks like u have a future Michael Phelps on your hands
Suuu-weeeeet! LOL!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Wow I'm awful! I feel so guilty now after reading the few posts on this topic. All of you knid people telling them just how it is..me telling my toddlers my fish will think they're fingers are food. Their curiosity kept winning them over getting them to stick their hands in the tank, until I told them that! The plain truth wasn't enough to keep them out! The last straw was when my 2 year old put her swimming suit on and I busted her climbing into the tank! After that...what else was I to do?
That's funny. I bet you laughed
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by boadams87 View Post
That's funny. I bet you laughed
After I was done freaking out! LOL! She was seriously on her way in the tank when I caught her!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just really can see a baby doing that
Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I think it would be absolutly fun to go swimming with the fishes. But that is just great! Lol
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starka

I think it would be absolutly fun to go swimming with the fishes. But that is just great! Lol
On monster fish keepers there is a guy that has a 770 gal and he has pics of him swimming in it. I **** you not!!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boadams87

On monster fish keepers there is a guy that has a 770 gal and he has pics of him swimming in it. I **** you not!!!!!
Lucky!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com