Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
This board is hypocritical

Teej sits here post after post blasting at me personally and no one says a word. I critique his inhumane tank set-up and everyone comes to his defense immediatly. Yes, I have a lot of recent posts, I have a job that has recently provided me with a lot of time on the internet. Does this make me a big nerd? No, it means I have a good job.

While I shouldn't have to defend myself, I will since no one else will. I was a D1 college athlete and fraternity member. I partied, and still party, harder than 99% of the population including the big internet talker Teej. Social skills? I would love to see a pic of that guy. In fact, if he posts one of himself with teej written on a piece of paper I will do the same you you guys decide who the nerd is.

Anyway, expect to see a lot less of me from now on around here. I have tried to be helpful to everyone, but obviously there is no loyalty here. There are plently of boards that don't leave their members out to dry for defending the whole point of the board, THE BEST WAY TO KEEP FISH.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fighting over the internet forums is like competing in a special olympic's race..no mattter who wins, you're still retarded..

Old 05-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
This ends now....AA is no place for a popularity/cool/etc match. The thread was locked, and is being dealt with. Move on.
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 05-03-2005, 04:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I debated on locking this thread right away, or moving it to the staff forum...but decided there was nothing I had to say that couldn't be said publicly.

I read through Teej's thread, and I understand where you're coming from. If you'll notice in that thread, no advisors had a chance to jump in before An t-iasg locked it a bit ago.

I do not see 'everyone coming to Teej's defense'. I see one or two members scolding you for being a little too passionate in your replies, and you seemed to take great offense to that. I do not think your advice was necessarily wrong...its the way you delivered it that was too strong.

If you feel like you're being picked on, use the Report button. It emails all the advisors/admins with a link to the post, and unless it's 3am, you should get a pretty quick response. Let the advisors do their job.
Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I wish to only emphysis as Malkore said the report button is there for a reason. Use it and advisors and admins are notified via e-mail right away. In addition you should also take such things that you dont feel get action even after reporting directly to an advisor or admin of the site.
Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com