This could be good... (need quicktime)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are talkin about remakes...
They are coming out with a new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
and I was annoyed by the remake of House of Wax.. did anyone go and see this? I liked the original so much.. I kinda don't wanna see the new one because it seems like a reach from the original

Whats next?? The neverending story??

hehe

I love the never ending story. They better not remake that one. Im pretty mad about willy wonka too. Why mess with a good thing?

I was annoyed by the remake of House of Wax..
I haven't seen it because I don't think there's any way they could top Vincent Price. Old horror flicks (the good ones) were horrific because of their (sometimes implied) content. Not because of gore or startling somebody. I just don't see how they can remake it without messing it up.

As long as they cast David Bowie again, it should be interesting... :lol:

Regarding House of Wax, I won't even watch Paris Hilton on regular free tv, why in the heck would I actually PAY to go see her. From what I've heard she's not a good actress anyways. I think I'll opt for the original.

Fishyfanatic said:
Regarding House of Wax, I won't even watch Paris Hilton on regular free tv, why in the heck would I actually PAY to go see her. From what I've heard she's not a good actress anyways. I think I'll opt for the original.

But then again, I wouldn't mind watching her, at least on screen, be brutally murdered heh

You got that right! Well, as long as it happens before she has a chance to speak or say the phrase- That's Hot.

Fishyfanatic said:
You got that right! Well, as long as it happens before she has a chance to speak or say the phrase- That's Hot.

I catch myself saying that.. and i get so mad!

Sorry if i kinda hi-jacked the thread!

I'm sorry, but when she says that, it's like finger nails screaching across a blackboard. Basically, she's just annoying. I like her sister better, at least she's doing something respectable with her life.

Sorry for hijacking.

deli_conker said:
BillyZ said:
deli_conker said:
As long as they cast David Bowie again, it should be interesting... :lol:
he was in Neverending Story? Or are you thinking Labyrinth?
Oops. You're right, he wasn't in Neverending story.
I think that's the most quote's within a quote within a quote I've ever seen.... and this is gonna be another one, isn't it? heh :D

I will see "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe"...it would be nice to see if it is a decent flick, but I do wish that they would actually start from the first book for once (aside from the BBC series that did).

"House of Wax"......can't see what they could possibly do that might improve it...and it just will not be the same without Vinnie.

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"....I am going to see it because it is a Burton/Depp flick, but I will always prefer the original version.

Now, while on the subject.....why on earth can't Hollywood come up with anything original these days?!?

Flicks I am looking forward to:

"Land of the Dead" (Romero..natch)

"War of the Worlds"

"Undead"

"The Brothers Grimm" (Terry Gilliam directs)

"Night Watch"

"The Cave" ('B' Horror...just can't miss)

"The Woods" (more B horror)

"The Corpse Bride" (Burton and Depp again...promises to be great)

"Oliver Twist" (Just gotta see what Polanski has done to it)

"Bee Season" (looks interesting)

"The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, starring Wallace & Gromit" (need I give a reason?)

"The Fog" (hey...leper ghosts, who could miss that?)

"Rent" (movie of the play)

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" (My kid got me into these)

"Underworld: Evolution" (More Vampires and werewolves)

"King Kong" (if anyone can do this right since the original, Peter Jackson is the man)

That looks like it is going to be good.

You can sure tell a good movie, they spend some $$ and time and make it good instead of doing a crappy job.

Looks like the Lord of the Rings kindof, but the director is not Peter Jackson.

Cant wait til it comes out. This reminds me a lot of LOTR, I bet there will be sequels, and I bet this movie will go over very well.

All this talk about Peter Jackson is kind of funny. If you get a chance, take a look at one of his earlier movies, Meet the Feebles. I was pretty trashed the first time I saw it and was pretty much like "wtf?" throughout the whole thing. It was 'the movie' to take to parties and slip into the vcr when nobody was looking.

BTW, it's definitely not for kids and is a pretty sick take on muppets.

Been a bit, but I first saw Feebles back in late '89......when I first heard that Jackson was going to direct LOTR, I had a serious laugh....but I had already loved his film "Heavenly Creatures" (which is well worth a watch).

Jackson, like Hitchcock, appears in all his own films, if even only for a second or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom