Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is bad

Just when I thought this hobby was getting somewhat better, Marina(hagen) had to throw this out: Amazon.com: Marina Cool Goldfish Kit, Purple, Medium/2.65-Gallon: Pet Supplies
I don't know if any of you have seen this, but this is probably why people are so ignorant about fish. Because the industry tells them lies

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Just when I thought this hobby was getting somewhat better, Marina(hagen) had to throw this out: Amazon.com: Marina Cool Goldfish Kit, Purple, Medium/2.65-Gallon: Pet Supplies
I don't know if any of you have seen this, but this is probably why people are so ignorant about fish. Because the industry tells them lies
Aw. and only 11 left in stock... In my opinion it's only just (if even) big enough for maybe one betta...

Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thus has been out for years, unfortunately. The only upside is that it says on the side of the tank "best used with goldfish that are around two inches in length. You will need to upgrade to a larger tank." Nit ideal, granted, but it's better than the standard.bowls that everyone buys. At least it gives some warning that you'll need to get a bigger tank.

55 gallon, 46 gallon, 10 gallon, 5 gallon, 2.5 gallon
Talvari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvari View Post
Thus has been out for years, unfortunately. The only upside is that it says on the side of the tank "best used with goldfish that are around two inches in length. You will need to upgrade to a larger tank." Nit ideal, granted, but it's better than the standard.bowls that everyone buys. At least it gives some warning that you'll need to get a bigger tank.
I wouldn't put a 1'' goldfish in such a small tank. Maybe it gives a warning, but for a 1'', I would say at LEAST 5 GALLONS. Not less, so this marketing ''scam'' is quite bad
Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

They don't care about the fish they just want their product to sell and make money if companies that make aquariums truly cared about the well being of fish they would not produce tanks like these
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
What gets to me is that the product description talks about improving your surroundings, like it is a neat piece of room decor and not a place where a living thing will reside. Its like saying "who cares about the fish's environment, it makes yours better!"
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
What gets to me is that the product description talks about improving your surroundings, like it is a neat piece of room decor and not a place where a living thing will reside. Its like saying "who cares about the fish's environment, it makes yours better!"
That's so true. It also says everything to give you're goldfish a great home. Its really crazy...
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I almost bought a similar tank when i was just getting into the hobby about 4 years ago.
Luckily, the guy at my lfs guided me im the right direction, and i got a 10 gallon.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com