Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 1,995
This is bad

Just when I thought this hobby was getting somewhat better, Marina(hagen) had to throw this out: Amazon.com: Marina Cool Goldfish Kit, Purple, Medium/2.65-Gallon: Pet Supplies
I don't know if any of you have seen this, but this is probably why people are so ignorant about fish. Because the industry tells them lies
__________________

__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
fishfan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishanatic View Post
Just when I thought this hobby was getting somewhat better, Marina(hagen) had to throw this out: Amazon.com: Marina Cool Goldfish Kit, Purple, Medium/2.65-Gallon: Pet Supplies
I don't know if any of you have seen this, but this is probably why people are so ignorant about fish. Because the industry tells them lies
Aw. and only 11 left in stock... In my opinion it's only just (if even) big enough for maybe one betta...
__________________

__________________
fishfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Talvari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 732
Thus has been out for years, unfortunately. The only upside is that it says on the side of the tank "best used with goldfish that are around two inches in length. You will need to upgrade to a larger tank." Nit ideal, granted, but it's better than the standard.bowls that everyone buys. At least it gives some warning that you'll need to get a bigger tank.
__________________
Fish deserve time, effort and lots of care!!! Please don't impulse buy!

55 gallon, 46 gallon, 10 gallon, 5 gallon, 2.5 gallon
Talvari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvari View Post
Thus has been out for years, unfortunately. The only upside is that it says on the side of the tank "best used with goldfish that are around two inches in length. You will need to upgrade to a larger tank." Nit ideal, granted, but it's better than the standard.bowls that everyone buys. At least it gives some warning that you'll need to get a bigger tank.
I wouldn't put a 1'' goldfish in such a small tank. Maybe it gives a warning, but for a 1'', I would say at LEAST 5 GALLONS. Not less, so this marketing ''scam'' is quite bad
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
DannyBWell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 180
They don't care about the fish they just want their product to sell and make money if companies that make aquariums truly cared about the well being of fish they would not produce tanks like these
__________________
DannyBWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
What gets to me is that the product description talks about improving your surroundings, like it is a neat piece of room decor and not a place where a living thing will reside. Its like saying "who cares about the fish's environment, it makes yours better!"
__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AquaLand
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
What gets to me is that the product description talks about improving your surroundings, like it is a neat piece of room decor and not a place where a living thing will reside. Its like saying "who cares about the fish's environment, it makes yours better!"
That's so true. It also says everything to give you're goldfish a great home. Its really crazy...
__________________
Oscar and ClownKnife Fish Lover
Fishanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
gman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,017
I almost bought a similar tank when i was just getting into the hobby about 4 years ago.
Luckily, the guy at my lfs guided me im the right direction, and i got a 10 gallon.
__________________

__________________
gman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.