This is so sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

What an evil, selfish *beep*!

Some people should not be allowed to purchase animals of any sort.

Is there some sort of law against such cruelty to animals where she is planning to do this?

Harsh I know but I hope she chokes on her own wedding cake!

Fishyfanatic said:
... One poster mentioned that her cousin did it and some immature individuals put salt and beer in the vases. :( The rest of them she flushed.

Such cruelty to animals.. *shakes head* wether it is to a mammel or amphibian it is still very wrong.

I despair about the human race

I never thought I'd utter these words...

Call PeTA. Call the human society (although I hear they are useless when it comes to fish)

stupidity and arrogance like this cannot be tolerated.

I went to a wedding many years ago where they had "betta centerpieces" in 1 gallon brandy sniffers. I didn't "win" the centerpiece at my table, but nobody else at my table wanted the "dumb fish" so I took it home. Moved it into a 5 gallon and had the little guy for a couple years. I was so distraught though when I left the reception and saw so many abandoned centerpieces. Wish I could've taken them all home. :( I don't know what happend to the rest of them.

As of this afternoon she has been banned from the board. Not for her idea, but because of remarks that she made. It won't stop her from using the idea. But maybe it would make her think twice.

Well, the unfortunate thing is that unless you know what you are doing, this idea wouldn't work. I have actually had to advise someone on how it is unethical to do it. Given that the bride was ...... i told her that i would take care of the fish .... so what exactly did i do? I went and purchased them the DAY OF the wedding. I also took water from my existing tank to help with everything. What i also did was have the bride buy some small tanks (enough to house the betta) and have them given to the children who attended the party. This stopped the immature people from dumping crud into the vases. Next i had her put water lettuce in the top od the tank (good root system on it) so as to not suffocate the betta. Next i had her place her flowers around the vase.

So when the dinner was over and the kiddies were leaving, they each got thier own betta to take home with and aquarium plant (or 2). To help with this also i threw in some substrate from my tank to help out with bacteria.

Just being the nice guy that i am .... i wrote out, for the kids and parents, instructions on WHAT they need to keep it alive and HOW to clean a tank properly.

Any other way and i wouldn't help her.

Ser- My biggest concern was with the DJ and the lights. Fish are easily spooked by loud sounds. Was that of a concern at your event?

Not really because the fish were to be taken home before the dance started (when the loud noise and lights started) and i also knew that the hall they had the reception in had a little sound system and I said "no going past this volume. People will still hear you clearly without you shattering glasses"

As i said. The fish were gone before the DJ brought in his good equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom