This is what happened to me this morning...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
So there I am, pulling into my bank’s parking lot….I go around the loop to the drive up ATM like always….I get my wheels as close to the curb as I can so I can reach the machine (I am EXTREMELY short, so I have to get EXTREMELY close). That’s when I notice the new “Suggestions” box that they have hung on the side that sticks out….well, my mirror is going to hit it, so I throw my car into reverse and am about to back up…..

I look in my rearview mirror, and this woman is just pulling up behind me…so, I motion for her to back up. She screams out her window, “I’m not backing up!” So, I motion to my mirror and then to the box and then say and motion for her to back up again. She screams, “I’m not moving anywhere!”. At this point, I am like, what is up with this woman!? But, my options as of that point were to go forward and take off my mirror, or back up into this woman’s car (who, by the way, had a kid who looked to be about 6 in the back seat). So, I put my car into park and sat there.

Like 2 or 3 minutes later, she lays on her horn and screams “Move your car!”. I screamed, “I can’t go forward, so move your car so we don’t have to sit here!”. She looks towards my mirror, rolls her eyes and backs up like 2 feet. Well, that was enough for me to back up and go around this suggestions box (I suggested they remove it, by the way, lol).

I made sure I took my sweet old time when I was getting my money out. I mean what is wrong with people these days? There was no one behind her, it’s not like I was asking her for anything major, and furthermore, as far as I am concerned, that is a terrible example to be teaching to your child.

So, yeah, that’s my story.

That's rotten. I just can't imagine having that kind of attitude with other people, no matter what kind of day I am having. I am sorry that there are miserable people out there who feel the need to share their misery with others!

The ATM situation is familiar to me, as I am 5' tall and often have to open my door to operate some machines - I feel your pain!

I always find ATMs are too high--of course, when you pull up in a Honda Civic, you almost always have to get out, no matter how tall you are.
That's too bad about the attitude that woman gave you. Some people :roll: :nono:

I always have to lean down out of my truck....they need to raise them! :wink:

And as much as I would have wanted to get even with that woman (like backing my truck up onto her hood and then pulling forward)..you know she carries that attitude with her everywhere. She has got to be miserable anyway...a little revenge wouldnt phase her at all. I'm glad I dont live life with that kind of an outlook....

Some people never grow up :roll:

Plus, anything you might do to put her in her place would likely just make her that much worse! I feel sorry for the kid... Uh oh, Mommy didn't take her meds today... 8O (they will probably grow up to think that road rage is perfectly okay)

I would have had to go ask her why she couldn't back up... I've never come across anyone with that kind of attitude before so I'm totally curious as to what she could possibly say in defense.

Atari said:
I would have had to go ask her why she couldn't back up... I've never come across anyone with that kind of attitude before so I'm totally curious as to what she could possibly say in defense.

You've obviously never been to Dallas before!

SquishyFish said:
Atari said:

You've obviously never been to Dallas before!

Or New Jersey! lol

Or Boca Raton - I used to get people ramming my ankles with their grocery carts if I did not move quickly enough in line!

We have the complete opposite problem here. People back up like it was nothing. Intersections, the interstate, onto a busy road. There is nowhere these people won't back up.

I can't believe how that woman acted. I hope her kid doesn't pick up that type of behavior.

Here I don't have a car so I walk to the bank that's a few blocks from my ATM and walk through it. I get the people who are rude just because I'm in there on foot because apparently I shouldn't be allowed to get out money when the bank is closed if I don't have a car.

Hee hee hee!!! Short people ATM...or people in Honda Civics...I'm one of those. Even if I get right up to the ATM, I still end up having to stretch until my arm falls off...

blackpuddle said:
I get the people who are rude just because I'm in there on foot because apparently I shouldn't be allowed to get out money when the bank is closed if I don't have a car.

I have had to use the drive-thru atm on foot a couple times, and you are so right! They are so rude if you don't have a car, lol.

Punkymom...half the time, I actually have to get out, because my arm doesn't stretch far enough.

blackpuddle said:
Here I don't have a car so I walk to the bank that's a few blocks from my ATM and walk through it. I get the people who are rude just because I'm in there on foot because apparently I shouldn't be allowed to get out money when the bank is closed if I don't have a car.
8O

So if you need to get money out when the bank is closed you have to go to the drive-through? 8O How strange. I would think they probably would have the "regular" ATMs on the side of the bank?
That is a first for me, I guess if I saw someone standing without a car in front of the drive through I would think he/she was a criminal waiting for me to drive closer and rober me right at the ATM... not that you would do that, of course!
But here in CA that would be really unusual..

Happens all the time. While I was sealing a deposit envelope at the ATM one day... A car pulls up behind me and is theer maybe 30 seconds and hoks the horn at me. I look at the moron through my mirror as if to say "give me a sec to get my tongue off the glue". As Im getting my reciept for deposit (waiting on the machine) he honks again at me and I can see him making hand gestures through the mirror. I put my car in gear, drove out of his way, made a u turn to pull in behind him and "accidentally" pressed on my horn button the entire time he sat at the atm. An entire two blocks worth of people were wondering what all the noise was about.

youronlysin said:
I put my car in gear, drove out of his way, made a u turn to pull in behind him and "accidentally" pressed on my horn button the entire time he sat at the atm. An entire two blocks worth of people were wondering what all the noise was about.

I love it! I woudn't have done it because being a short female I am kind of a chicken, as far as giving people reason to attack me, but that is so great! I wish I was that brave.

There are all sorts of morons out there. I met a LOT of them in New York, must be the city stinky that makes people get in a bad mood.

But there was this one time, I couldn't believe. So we are parked in this parking lot, I don't remember exactly where -lots of open spots. We are leaving, so we walk to the car. This old mercury with oldies comes by, park exactly by our car, so close that they can't open the door to get out and neither can we to get in and go away. Then the old guy starts yelling to my then boyfriend (now husband): "Hey move your car!" We look at each other, thinking "What the heck?". Then, very rudely, the old guy yells "You are parked over the line!!"

Great. We are parked over the line because all of the other cars are parked over the line as well, and we wouldn't block THEIR doors.
But there is always a moron that can't see beyond the obvious.

Gosh that was the one time I really wanted to beat the crap out of old people. Really. Instead we set outside, waiting for them to go park elsewhere. Too bad we needed to catch a plane, otherwise we probably would still be there waiting for one of them to go into comatosis.

What is wrong with these people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom