Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
This is what happened to me this morning...

So there I am, pulling into my bank’s parking lot….I go around the loop to the drive up ATM like always….I get my wheels as close to the curb as I can so I can reach the machine (I am EXTREMELY short, so I have to get EXTREMELY close). That’s when I notice the new “Suggestions” box that they have hung on the side that sticks out….well, my mirror is going to hit it, so I throw my car into reverse and am about to back up…..

I look in my rearview mirror, and this woman is just pulling up behind me…so, I motion for her to back up. She screams out her window, “I’m not backing up!” So, I motion to my mirror and then to the box and then say and motion for her to back up again. She screams, “I’m not moving anywhere!”. At this point, I am like, what is up with this woman!? But, my options as of that point were to go forward and take off my mirror, or back up into this woman’s car (who, by the way, had a kid who looked to be about 6 in the back seat). So, I put my car into park and sat there.

Like 2 or 3 minutes later, she lays on her horn and screams “Move your car!”. I screamed, “I can’t go forward, so move your car so we don’t have to sit here!”. She looks towards my mirror, rolls her eyes and backs up like 2 feet. Well, that was enough for me to back up and go around this suggestions box (I suggested they remove it, by the way, lol).

I made sure I took my sweet old time when I was getting my money out. I mean what is wrong with people these days? There was no one behind her, it’s not like I was asking her for anything major, and furthermore, as far as I am concerned, that is a terrible example to be teaching to your child.

So, yeah, that’s my story.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:51 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

That's rotten. I just can't imagine having that kind of attitude with other people, no matter what kind of day I am having. I am sorry that there are miserable people out there who feel the need to share their misery with others!

The ATM situation is familiar to me, as I am 5' tall and often have to open my door to operate some machines - I feel your pain!

Old 07-21-2004, 06:04 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I always find ATMs are too high--of course, when you pull up in a Honda Civic, you almost always have to get out, no matter how tall you are.
That's too bad about the attitude that woman gave you. Some people

Old 07-21-2004, 06:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I always have to lean down out of my truck....they need to raise them!

And as much as I would have wanted to get even with that woman (like backing my truck up onto her hood and then pulling forward)..you know she carries that attitude with her everywhere. She has got to be miserable anyway...a little revenge wouldnt phase her at all. I'm glad I dont live life with that kind of an outlook....

Some people never grow up

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Plus, anything you might do to put her in her place would likely just make her that much worse! I feel sorry for the kid... Uh oh, Mommy didn't take her meds today... 8O (they will probably grow up to think that road rage is perfectly okay)
Old 07-21-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would have had to go ask her why she couldn't back up... I've never come across anyone with that kind of attitude before so I'm totally curious as to what she could possibly say in defense.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari
I would have had to go ask her why she couldn't back up... I've never come across anyone with that kind of attitude before so I'm totally curious as to what she could possibly say in defense.

You've obviously never been to Dallas before!

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:42 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari

You've obviously never been to Dallas before!
Or New Jersey! lol

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

or LA
Old 07-21-2004, 09:47 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL, guess I'm glad to live where I live.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com