This is what is wrong with our Society

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, does anyone have any aquarium stuff they want to give me?

Sure...I have a heater that is stuck at 90 even when it it's turned to 60, I have two powerheads that are missing parts and oh, here is a great deal....I have really nice used carbon cartridges.......

:D

Not to be the wet blanket on a party of people having fun complaining but...you don't have to give him anything. I see no problem with him being specific, keeps him from wasting the time of folks that might just be wanting to get rid of junk.

Frankly, he could find someone willing to give away what they have due to a move or some other issue. I frequently give away items on a freecycle site because I don't want them going to a landfill. I'd rather have someone that needs them take them off my hands and be happy about it.

*getting off the high horse now*

Obviously we don't have to give him anything, and no one apparently is. We are all just amused at the audacity of someone to essentially ask for 5 grand from a stranger. If he gets it, more power to him, but I just find his ad hilarious. He makes it like he will burden himself to take it off your hands. lol

Looks like this thread has given everyone something to laugh about in one way or another. :ROFLMAO:

Actually, another part of his ad I also found particularly funny was his requirements for the stand and canopy..it has to be Cherrywood. I am making the assumption he means cherrywood in color and not wood type. If so, what, he can't strip, sand and repaint himself if he got one black, oak or just varnished wood color?

Actually, another part of his ad I also found particularly funny was his requirements for the stand and canopy..it has to be Cherrywood. I am making the assumption he means cherrywood in color and not wood type. If so, what, he can't strip, sand and repaint himself if he got one black, oak or just varnished wood color?

no he demands it be cherry wood he cant be bothered with any manual labor

I almost guarantee you will get responses. I have gotten plenty of aquarium stuff for either dirt cheap or free, but I wasn't picky about things at all.

Termitehunter said:
Um......this one sounds as if you ARE doing a favor for someone. I bet you get hits for small 10 and 20 gal setups.

You need to get more arrogant in your ad lol! BEG BEG BEG!

Yes, DANCE PUPPET, DANCE! Lol

HAHAHA YES
"I'd like a twenty gallon fish tank, lights preferred, and a stand that is made out of oak but oak that is from the decidious forests in Canada. I'd like a filter that has already been used but is in brand new condition. I want a heater that will heat the whole tank to a loft 76.5 degrees Farenheit at the exact temperature all the time, even in the winter. Also, if you could be willing to donate any fish with the tank, such as some rare breed of angelfish or such, I'll be happy to accept it. Thank you and I hope you give me something like this soon."

THAT is what you should be like, haha!

Back
Top Bottom