This week is just gets worse and worse *update*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
After I left here (my moms house, to use the computer) yesterday, I went home and I got a phone call from my mom saying I needed to get back to her house NOW because my dad was having a heart attack. He is only 50, and he had a massive heart attack. He is in the hospital now, still in the CCU. They had to go in and put a stint in one of his arteries. I have never been so scared in all my life. We hope they will let him come home in a few days. Keep him in your prayers for me.

I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Hoping for a fast recovery for him. :|

So sorry to hear that - what terrible news. We will have him and your family in our prayers, Meredith.

The good news is that cardiac problems can often be very successfully treated, and a heart attack today is not like it was even 15 years ago. They have drugs that can prevent damage, and lots of technology availabe, so hopefully he will be home soon. We wish him all the best!

Meredith, how terrible...I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your dad is home soon. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hey Meredith...wishing your Dad a speey recovery and peace to you and your family. Keep us posted.

Thank you so much everybody. I actually got to see him yesterday. He is really tired and sore. I guess they had to revive him in the ambulance, and his chest hurts from that. But he is really alert, and drinking juice like crazy. Thanks again for your kind words and thoughts, it means a lot. Hopefully I will post some good news on monday. That is when they might let him come home.

Well, my dad came home yesterday. He is super tired, but doing well. While he was in the hospital, I stripped their house of all junk food. My mom and I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought tons of fruit and veggies, all kinds of non fat, low sodium stuff. He is already talking about doing yard work and stuff, but he is under strict doctor orders to rest, rest, rest. I am just glad he is home. Thanks again everybody for your kindness. You guys are awesome.

Please stay after him and make him follow dr's orders. We will continue to pray for his continued health.

It's wonderful that your dad is home, Meredith! I hope he continues to do well. I'm sure he will, with you and your mom looking after him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom