Tiny tiny white bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
as i got home going about my normal fish care , feed fish, doing head counts i notice this all over my guppy tank. tiny tiny white buys a size smaller then a .7mm led on the outside of my tank
74098-albums12331-picture56126.jpg

Last edited:
Hi spiketooth. I noticed something very similar in my tank, except mine are inside the tank. It was a guppy tank until very recently. I know have balloon mollies in there. I noticed them a while back, when the guppies where in there. One of my b.mollies recently gave birth and when I was searching for fry, I noticed them again. They seem to hang around my internal filter. I have also noticed them free swimming. I would be very interested to find out what they are and are they harmful??. As you know, being so small, they are impossible to photograph...

Thanks for that info. For me, the closet thing it could be from that list is, the Copepods, Cyclops. As I said, mine is nearly impossible to see, so I can't see any details in it's body shape. With the naked eye, it looks more like Spiketooths picture....

Yeah, i have the cyclops too. They love staying on the driftwood. But, i have never seen any bug outside the tank. Is it moving? Is there more than just one?

Yeah, i have the cyclops too. They love staying on the driftwood. But, i have never seen any bug outside the tank. Is it moving? Is there more than just one?

They move and there is more then one. I turned on the humidifier as i read tbag somewheres in the many articles. When i get home i will see if this makes a differance

Back
Top Bottom