Tip/ Trick of the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unused/ extra chopsticks work as a cheap alternative to pincers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have a backup generator in case the power goes out

Surely already mentioned, but use a QT. Understand what it is for.

And understand that a QT is not a tank you can have fish in for 3 weeks and be ready to move them into the DT only to have a family member add a bag of new fish and think I could still move the 1st ones because they were in there for 3 weeks (Forgot that the new fish could have brought sickness with them). :facepalm: Unbelievable but true story. :ermm:

Agree with fish sitter problems. Let the fish be hungry for a week!

I didn't notice this was for fish keeping so this was my initial tip:

Stick a fork into the cream in your Oreo and then dip it into your milk, no more getting your fingers all the qua down there!

But then I realized that it's for fish so:

Don't keep guppies in small tanks, they breed like CRAZY!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Don't keep guppies in small tanks, they breed like CRAZY!

Here is my tip, adding on to guppygourami's:

Don't keep guppies if you're not going to do something with the fry. (It really doesn't matter what size tank, they'll fill it pretty fast)

Here is my tip, adding on to guppygourami's:

Don't keep guppies if you're not going to do something with the fry. (It really doesn't matter what size tank, they'll fill it pretty fast)

That's true.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Here's another tip: if you have bad algae (and don't want snails or they aren't eating it), use a paper towel to wipe it off the glass. I find that sometimes the fish end up eating it if it's free-floating, but if it's big chunks it would probably be best to just remove it.

Back
Top Bottom